Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting
28-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Voting

Can someone please explain that when Ant and Dec walk over the bridge into the camp with those cards in their hands, which presumably says the name of the one to be voted out, they still say that the lines are closing in "one minute" and to keep voting??? Surely if the names are already on the cards then its a waste of a vote? Cant understand this one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Voting
Excellent question - one which I cannot definately answer. Perhaps they are told through their earpieces who it is at the last minute and the cards are just for show?
I've always thought the voting was fixed anyway.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Voting
MariaRob Wrote:Can someone please explain that when Ant and Dec walk over the bridge into the camp with those cards in their hands, which presumably says the name of the one to be voted out, they still say that the lines are closing in "one minute" and to keep voting??? Surely if the names are already on the cards then its a waste of a vote? Cant understand this one.

I asked this question last year Maria and also on another Forum and was told that Ant and Dec always have cards in their hands but that the actual cards with the voting on are handed to them when they get across the bridge!!

Apparently, last year they were late getting the cards and a crew member's arm was actually seen handing them over when they got to the Celebs and they made some comment about not being prepared etc.

I'm not sure I'm convinced though - I still think the producers of the show probably choose who they want out sometimes, for maximum impact or entertainment value.

How would we know?
29-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Voting
Do you think everyone voting has understood that they're voting to keep people in and not who they want to get out?

I think it would be much easier and give a better result if everyone voted who they wanted off the program.
29-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Voting
Critique Wrote:I think it would be much easier and give a better result if everyone voted who they wanted off the program.

I agree Critique, I think thats the format with BB isnt it? I also find it odd that if someone is in the bottom two and obviously are not that popular that they dont go out the following night, but its always someone else.
29-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Voting
Critique Wrote:Do you think everyone voting has understood that they're voting to keep people in and not who they want to get out?

I think it would be much easier and give a better result if everyone voted who they wanted off the program.

Maybe - but if you vote for the ones you want to keep the boring ones tend not to get noticed and therfore get voted off first.

If you voted who you wanted off the more contentious - but interesting ones tend to go first!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
01-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Voting
I cannot believe that Carol and Jimmy really were in the bottom two last night, they are the most popular! I think it was a ruse myself to get us voting!!
01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Voting
I don’t think there is any order when the eviction count down is announced by A & D, including the “it might be you” CELEB that remains in the camp.

I don’t believe that Jimmy and Carol are at the bottom of the vote last night. I think the producers did this to increase the pressure and upset the balance Smile

♪♪♪♪ If there´s a bustle in your hedgerow don’t be alarmed now. It´s just a spring clean for the May-Queen. Yes there two paths you can go by. But in the long run. There´s still time to change the road you´re on ♪♪♪♪ Smile :applause: ♪
01-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Voting
I agree, I doubt that Carol or Jimmy were in the bottom two.

According to the poll that was run on 'This Morning' today, Carol was in the lead with over 50% of the votes.

The full result was

1. Carol
2. Sherree
3. Jimmy
4. Sid
5. Bobby
6. Anthony
7. Jenny

So if that is a true reflection on the voting Jenny will be leaving tonight!
01-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Voting
Taffy Wrote:I don’t think there is any order when the eviction count down is announced by A & D, including the “it might be you” CELEB that remains in the camp.

I don’t believe that Jimmy and Carol are at the bottom of the vote last night. I think the producers did this to increase the pressure and upset the balance Smile

Yeah, I think that was rotten of them to just pick 2 names at random because there is a danger that those 2 might believe that they really are bottom of the voting and so reason that instead of sticking it out they might as well go early if they've no chance of winning.

A rumour went round that Jimmy had "walked". Apparently because the heading on one of those text message thingys that they put on the live show said "Will Jimmy be missed". He was off doing a BTT which lead many folks to panic that he'd gone and speculate that it was as a result of being in the bottom 2.

Fortunately it was just badly worded and should have said "would Jimmy be missed".

They could have just gone round saying "It's not you" to everyone if they really wanted to drag it out and not, therefore, picked on 2 people who I, also, don't believe would have been in the bottom 2.

Another money-making ruse though isn't it. Everyone panic that their favourite might be going out so all vote again. Bah humbug. They're still not getting any money off me Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Voting for who does which BTT catswhiskas 8 1,205 27-11-2005 08:17 PM
Last Post: Nox