Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking Tall!
02-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Walking Tall!

I was watching Loose Women today and they were talking about dating men that are shorter than you.

I am about 5 foot 2" and Mr B is 6 ft 1" so even when I have heels I feel quite comfortable standing next to him. Most of the guys I have dated in the past have always been taller than me, but then I suppose at being 5ft 2" there's not really much chance of them being smaller!! If I was taller though I don't think I would feel comfortable going out with a man that was smaller. When I look at people like Penny Lancaster and Rod Stewart and that horrible little dwarf Bernie Eccelstone and his missus I just think it looks stupid. I know personality counts but I prefer my men to be taller.

So ladies - could you date or have you dated men smaller than you?

And gentlemen - have you been on the receiving end of having to look up to your other half?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Walking Tall!
Oooohhhh good subject.

I once went out with a guy shorter than me, and i didnt really like it. It might sound stupid in this day and age, but i like to feel that a man could look after me if i needed him too. I wouldnt feel that if a man was smaller than me, i would feel that i needed to look after him !! Also, when you have a cuddle, and the guys head is nestled between your boobs as you put your arms around them, it would feel like cuddling a child :blink:

Mr. B is taller than me. Im about 5 foot 7, and he is 6 foot 1, so its about right.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
02-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Walking Tall!
I'm with Bons. I prefer to be shorter than my man. I feel too dominant otherwise. Mr P is tall enough so that he is still slightly taller than me, even if I wear heels.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Walking Tall!
Although I am small 5' O" I have never dated a man under 5' 10". I am just not attracted to small men. The tallest man I have dated was 6' 6" but I did find him a little too tall. Around 6' is just nice.
02-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Walking Tall!
Well I am 5' 7" and generally wear heels making me 5' 11" or 6 feet depending on heels - my poor litttle hubby is only 5' 10" and so I am taller than him if I wear heels and oh how he loves it - I don't care either way; I like being tall, and I adore looking down on men.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

02-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Walking Tall!
I am 6 foot tall - but i like the idea of nestling in boobs - so i can kneel.:laugh:
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Walking Tall!
I went out with a chap - very nicely called Gregory, I like that name - and he was exactly the same height as me so couldn't wear any sort of heels at all. A doo involving posh frocks and heels approached - I packed him in.
02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Walking Tall!
My not boyfriend is really quite tall. I like this although I am six foot meself. I have also discovered that small people can really be quite fit.

cheerio!
03-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Walking Tall!
Scooby Wrote:My not boyfriend is really quite tall.

Sccobs what is a 'not boyfirend'??

I went to a Jockey Club dinner dance with a jockey once, he was very fit but very small - he only reached my shoulders. It was one of my mothers blind dates arranged by her and the mother of this said very small jockey!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Walking Tall!
my first hubby was just about the same size as me so if we ever went anywhere, I either couldn't wear heels or if we were in a club, he made sure he was standing on a higher step.

I can't remember if it annoyed me then or whether I just find him so irritating now, that it all blends together

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Old Man Walking Groucho 2 910 24-10-2009 03:26 PM
Last Post: karenh