Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Meters
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Water Meters

Anyone got one? I think the water companies are looking to make these mandatory in all homes very soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Water Meters
We had one put in about a year ago and it`s saved us loads of money as there is just the 2 of us but those with a big family will suffer more I reckon
08-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Water Meters
We have had one in every house we have lived in. Being the two of us, with perhaps 2-3 loads of washing done a week .... we are quids in.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2008, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2008 06:10 PM by ~ils~.)
Water Meters
MariaRob Wrote:Anyone got one? I think the water companies are looking to make these mandatory in all homes very soon.

I think eventually all homes will have water meters fitted although, I think it will be a few years before this happens.

Up to a couple of years ago I worked for the local water company and at that time, all newly built properties had meters fitted and you could request a meter if you wanted one, but no domestic customer was made to have one installed, although if there was meter at a property that you moved to, it couldn't be taken out.

Just as I left new legislation was introduced so that water company's could install meters to domestic properties where the residents changed, and I know my local water company has taken advantage of that in some of it's areas.

The water company's think that metering is the fairest way to charge it's customers, as you pay for what you use. But this also includes any leakage on your side of the meter!

I have never had one, but I think once all the children have left home it will be worth me having one installed.

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Water Meters
Lordy I hope I dont have to have one fitted until all the kids have left home. I must do ten loads of washing a week all in all and then the baths and showers, the dishwasher - i am sure we would be worse off.
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Water Meters
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner, just narrowly beating the classic "what are you having for dinner?" thread..

Worst. Thread. EVER.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Water Meters
Pork chops.

bam bam
15-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Water Meters
Really though, who sits and thinks; "hmm.. I know. I feel like having a disussion on WATER METERS today. I wonder if these people I don't even know have one? I wonder what their thoughts are on this matter?"

My next thought would be, "I wonder what's the best way to kill yourself?"

15-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Water Meters
The Curmudgeon Wrote:Really though, who sits and thinks; "hmm.. I know. I feel like having a disussion on WATER METERS today. I wonder if these people I don't even know have one? I wonder what their thoughts are on this matter?"

My next thought would be, "I wonder what's the best way to kill yourself?"

Actually, I found the comments very helpful as they are about to become mandatory where I live.

What an old fool you are, hiding behind the anonomity of a computer to sneer and ridicule. Please feel free to top yourself, this afternoon if possible.
15-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Water Meters
And again with the redundant age insults. What's that all about? Are you against old people, or do you instantly label anyone who is more intelligent, funny and creative than you "old"? Like I said before, you have no idea what age I am, yet you try to label me an "old man." How odd.

And you found the FOUR comments (about water meters.. let's not forget people, she started a topic on WATER METERS) here from random people who could live anywhere IN THE WORLD - interesting.

I... wow, I actually felt sorry for you for a second there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Water meters Bob 20 1,382 22-03-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: ils