Poll: Do you think we need a General Election?
No - Brown should stick it out.
Yes - Brown should go .... now goddamit!
I don't care baby!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a General Election ... now!
08-06-2009, 11:04 PM

I don't think Brown can have that must longer left - can he??

I think the country needs a general election.

How much longer is he going to hang on for? A day? A week?

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2009, 09:17 AM
The thing is, would that help matters?

Are you confident that any other political party can get us out of this mess?

I have never liked Labour, but to be fair to them, everyone else seems similarly bad at the moment.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I think there are a few points here:

1) This Parliament is fairly unanamously considered to be rotten, and therefore, should be disolved and and the public allowed to have the choice of electing a new one.

2) Gordon Brown is clearly a dead man walking, despised both inside and outside of his party as a power hungry dictator who plotted and connived to get Tony Blair out of a job he craved, but is so clearly not up to.

3) 12 years of New Labour and Gordan's hand on the fiscal tiller appear to have delivered very little, despite the first 10 years being almost unprecedented in it's benignity.

4) I dont know if David Cameron is the man to take us forward or not, but is definitely time someone new had a go.

Gordon is like Hitler in his bunker now. It's not about anything other than hanging on to power as far as he's concerned!

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Groucho Wrote:I think there are a few points here:

1) This Parliament is fairly unanamously considered to be rotten, and therefore, should be disolved and and the public allowed to have the choice of electing a new one.

2) Gordon Brown is clearly a dead man walking, despised both inside and outside of his party as a power hungry dictator who plotted and connived to get Tony Blair out of a job he craved, but is so clearly not up to.

3) 12 years of New Labour and Gordan's hand on the fiscal tiller appear to have delivered very little, despite the first 10 years being almost unprecedented in it's benignity.

4) I dont know if David Cameron is the man to take us forward or not, but is definitely time someone new had a go.

Gordon is like Hitler in his bunker now. It's not about anything other than hanging on to power as far as he's concerned!

1. I don't think this Parliament is any more rotten than previous ones, and I don't think the MPs expenses furore is grounds for needing a new General Election. Although it'd be nice if the public could call elections, rather than the politicos (we might have got rid of Maggie in 1981...) I don't think that'd make for best governance.

2. Agree that El Gordo is dead. I've some sympathy for him, and it may turn out that he did the right thing when the "credit crunch" set in, but he seems to be sadly lacking in leadership skills.

3. I agree with that too - it's basically been 12 years of continued Tory policies.

4. I think Gordo will survive the present crisis, and get thoroughly spanked by Cameron next Spring.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I want one cos I get a day off work :bye:

Bollox to potplants
11-06-2009, 12:41 AM
floopy Wrote:I want one cos I get a day off work :bye:

Your desire to drive home the democratic process makes me want to weep with admiration sometimes Floops!

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
11-06-2009, 08:00 PM
It's more about my desire to drive home :assshake:

Bollox to potplants
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I thought the latest thing was to sneeze a bit while talking about your holiday in Cancun. Worked at Eton, I gather.

Anyway, this is a politics thread, luv. The fashion and cookery threads are over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:w00t:

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Charming!

Anyway, we've reached a 100% majority decision, so now we march on Whitehall? :boxing:

Bollox to potplants
15-06-2009, 04:58 PM
So we have the perfect example of the Great British Democracy at work (In no particular order)

A) We have a PM who nobody elected
B) We stand to have a PM kicked out of office that the public won't have voted out
C) We have a Parliment nobody trust and MP's who don't trust the electorate
D) We see no party to which to vote for should we get the opportunity to vote
E) When we did get the opportunity to vote, we were condemned by the major parties for wasting our votes
F) We don't get to say when a General Election should be
G) When we do get a General Election only a minority vote
H) The PM seems more concerned about a destabilised spinster than what the electorate think
I) Over a million people marched on Westminster in 2003.... But only in 2009 do we get an enquiry (to be behind closed doors) as to whether it was the right decision
J) PM's & MP's have often suggested that they would hold referendums for this or for that (EU Constitution/EMF/PR/Euro/Lisbon Treaty/Parlimentry Reform/Devolution (only Celts got to vote on that one) - Yet we have only ever had one. It was held in 1975 (34 years ago)

I can see why we have more interest in who in this country has talent or gets a job with some autocratic dinosaur......... I'm talking about Alan not Gordon

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh