Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding Music
21-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Wedding Music

Help wanted!

As you may have spotted, Mr Rothera and I are tying the knot in a few weeks time, but we still haven't chosen what music to have when we walk up the aisle and back again.

We know what we don't want. No Celine Dion, No Whitney Houston, and Robbie Williams. But we still have no idea what we do want.

Should we go for traditional music? If so, which 2 pieces should we chose?

Or should we go for something more recent?

Suggestions gratefully received. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Wedding Music
Do you want popular or classical Rothera?

Personally I'd go for classical as it's timeless. If you choose a pop song, it may become a tired cliche and something you regret when you look back at the videos in years to come.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Wedding Music
Check out Zero 7, William Orbit or Air....... Big Grin my sis and her hubby had Zero 7 at their wedding last year!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
21-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Wedding Music
I have no experience in this department but I think classical would be best too. Like Nox said, other things could go way past their sell by date.

Gel x
21-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Wedding Music
Rothera,
Congratulations.
I've stuck to the traditional music for going down and coming up the aisle. Wagner's- Here comes the Bride and The Wedding March by Mendelssohn for after the ceremony. We liked the idea of going for something more recent but have decided on the traditional because we couldn't decide on what to pick(we're having a hard enough time picking our first dance song :laugh: ) and felt it was the right choice for us.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

XXxCheekyChopsXXX Heart
21-04-2005, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2005 05:19 PM by Rothera.)
Wedding Music
Nox Wrote:Personally I'd go for classical as it's timeless. If you choose a pop song, it may become a tired cliche and something you regret when you look back at the videos in years to come.

That is exactly what I was worried about. I didn't want to chose I song which I really like now, but in a few years time I will be blushing and turning down the sound when I rewatch the video.

But then again, Isis's suggestion of Zero 7 does have its attractions. Big Grin
21-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Wedding Music
Enya has a really beautiful album - I THINK it was her third - that contains some really haunting music. I played one of the tracks at my wedding. It really is beautiful and uplifting.
21-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Wedding Music
I had to parade through a busy hotel to the extremely loud accompaniment of Here Comes The Bride. It was terrifying but fabulous at the same time. I don't think I had a choice about the music, but I think I would have felt a bit cheated if i hadn't had it.

Dunno what kind of wedding you're having Roth, but there's always a place for a bit of tradition, IMO :cool2:

Bollox to potplants
21-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Wedding Music
One of the main factors influencing your choice of music, surely has to be whether there's an organist present or you need to rely on a CD player. Is it a church wedding or a registry office?

Of course, if you're feeling really flush you can hire part of the string section of the Philharmonic Orchestra like Charles and Camilla did Smile

If there's an organist you may as well use him/her. Perhaps some Bach or Handel - something popular that people will recognise - although you'll need to confer with the organist to see what they can cope with first.

I'd be tempted to go for something like 'The arrival of the Queen of Sheba' - it's very uplifting and it'll make you soar every time you listen to it afterwards.
22-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Wedding Music
Sorry this is a copy of another post I did but anyway...

How about one of these appropriately titled songs? :w00t:

Help!
- The beatles

Bound and Tied - Creed

Get me outta here
- Jet

Must get out - Maroon 5

Can't get away - Third eye blind

When I get out - TQ

Forget it - St Germain

Forget about tomorrow - Feeder

Pretty tied up - Guns n Roses

You don't even know me - Armand van helden

Going down in Flames - 3 doors down

Gouge away - the pixies

Go away
- Snoop dog

Get away - Stereophonics

Where do I hide - nickleback

Can't buy me love - The beatles

Hello - Goodbye - The beatles

Great escape - Moby

Birds without wings - David Gray

Mama said "knock you out" - LL cool J

visit my forum : Stardust Forums

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Daughters Wedding Seabreeze 22 3,464 02-06-2007 12:21 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  I brought back more than a bunch of tacky souvenirs from my wedding in Las Vegas Rothera 107 7,047 06-06-2006 09:40 AM
Last Post: bridge
  MP3 player and downloading music help Haydon_acc2 5 925 05-03-2006 06:17 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Music Downloads Websites Bella 21 3,858 03-10-2005 06:13 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Dab's Wedding Anniversary ils 21 2,181 18-04-2005 03:38 PM
Last Post: mazwad
  The Royal Wedding Flip 65 4,271 11-04-2005 05:16 PM
Last Post: floopy