Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Weekend
07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Weird Weekend

I have had an odd weekend, and i feel a little flat. One of my pet hates is rude people, and two people have been rude this weekend (in my opinion anyway).

So, are you sitting comfortably ? Then i will begin.

Last Thursday was our pub night, and whilst there Mr.B and I were organising our Saturday night out. My friend Donna looked really low about not being included, so of course we asked if she fancied coming along. She was well up for a good night out, and asked if she could stay overnight at our house, which was fine.

So after sorting out another friend of ours, who needed help using a mobile phone ... i set about cleaning. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, and i cleaned the spare bedroon sheets ready for Donna and made it all nice in there with fresh towels etc ....

But, she never came. I text her a few times, and didnt get an answer. So we went to the pub without her and had a good time. Incidentally, i still havent heard from her !!

Then today we popped to the club next door to watch the Man United match. Whilst there we got talking to a neighbour called Liam. His girlfriend works / lives at the pub we go to often (the one we went to last night). Apparently they had had a row, and weren't talking. He went on and on for about 3hrs ..... but we didnt mind. He obviously needed to get it off his chest.

So when we left i told him that really he should go down to the pub and see her. It would be awful to end the day on a fight, etc etc. He cant drive, so Mr.B and i said we would take him and stay for a roast dinner at the pub. We would then bring him home around 10ish.

He was due to be at ours for 7pm, and Mr.B and I were starving. Did he turn up ?? No, he didnt. We waited until 8pm, and then i went to cook some dinner myself.

I dont know why this happens to us (it isnt the first time). We seem to put ourselves out for everyone, even offering to drive this chap to the pub tonight (even though we couldnt afford it), but noone seems to have the common courtesy to let us know when we are going to be 'stood up'. A simple phone call would of been lovely.

So i feel a little flat now to be honest.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Weird Weekend
Bonnie, people only crap on you if you allow them to. They wouldnt do it to me twice.
Im presuming these people have telephones you could contact??? Id phone em up, bawl down the phone what inconsiderate baskets they were and make sure I never put myself out for anyone again, if thats the thanks I got.

I certainly wouldnt let either of them get away with it, unless there was a good reason.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
08-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Weird Weekend
Pandora Wrote:Im presuming these people have telephones you could contact???

Donna certainly has a mobile, which she could of sent me a message on. Like i said, i tried calling her, and i text her twice .... but to this moment in time i have received nothing back. The thing is, i didnt particularly want her to stay over night, as i dont like 'entertaining' very much. But she wanted a night on the juice, and that way it meant she didnt have to drive home. I was doing her a favour !!

Someone said they saw her in the pub Saturday lunchtime (different pub) so she probably got so tanked up she couldnt remember her own name let alone where she was meant to be that evening. Im just gutted that i wasted my saturday getting the house looking like a show room, instead of just having it looking normal.

As for the other bloke Liam, we know where he lives (as he knows where we live), but no, we dont have each others phone numbers. But again, we were doing him a favour ... when really we fancied a night in. We did get our night in in the end, but had a very medicore dinner as i hadnt time to prepare anything thinking we were eating out !!

08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Weird Weekend
Cheeky buggers arent they? Id have been gutted if Id slaved over a hot vacuum cleaner for hours, only for someone not to have turned up..... Make sure that next time you see both of them, you dont go into polite British mode and say nothing - let them both know how much they put you out, and how pished off you were.

09-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Weird Weekend
Pandora Wrote:Cheeky buggers arent they? Id have been gutted if Id slaved over a hot vacuum cleaner for hours, only for someone not to have turned up..... Make sure that next time you see both of them, you dont go into polite British mode and say nothing - let them both know how much they put you out, and how pished off you were.

Lie lots and lay it on thick the next time you see them.

Tell Donna that you'd put flowers in her room and gone and bought the makings of a grand breakfast for the morning.

Ask Liam if he and his bird got it on (nudge nudge wink wink) the other evening as you hadn't seen him so presumed that was the reason (IMHO that would be a GOOD reason and would leave it there if it was the affirmative). If he and her didn't then let him know you and hubby went hungry that night as you didn't get down the boozer for your roast and tatties but had a boiled egg as that was all you had in.

I think that would do!
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Weird Weekend
Sounds good to me Slipps.

I am hoping that when Liam got home, his girlfriend was sat there waiting for him. At least that would be a happy ending (and im a little partial to those).

But as for Donna .... pah, she has no excuse. I STILL havent heard from her !!

09-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Weird Weekend
Keep a mouldy dinner clingfilmed in your car and next time you see her at the pub, put it in front of her in all its glory and say, "This has been waiting for you to eat it for two weeks........":glare:

09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Weird Weekend
Ooo I'd be peeved to Bon Bon...however I am not very good at letting people know how peeved I am...I simply ignore tham for a while and never, ever invite them to anything again! :assshake:

I can't understand the mentatlity of some people...I mean what's a phone call to apologise for not making it or better yet to call prior to the event to cancel it if you are not going to make it! So rude...

I had to bite my tongue a little over the weekend as it wasn't m7y bone to pick...one of the guys who was at the training event abused the hosts generosity IMO.

His trainers got very muddy and schmooey on the run so he cleaned them in the shower/bath leaving mud all in the bottom of the bath...he then used the hosts towel to place beneath his shoes which he proped up beneath the towel rail and on completion left the towel muddy on the floor!

Soooo rude :angry: I wouldn't dream of doing something like that in someone elses house...I am always the perfect house guest me.

Can I come visit you Bon Bon...I wouldn't let ya down and I leave the place as clean as I had found it! :bye:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Weird Weekend
I'm particularly annoyed on your behalf with your friend Donna. You've mentioned her before and I know that your very frequent excursions up to London often involve her and you seem to give her much more consideration than she would probably give to you. I don't know how strong your relationship is with her, but if it's not that great (which she obviously doesn't think it is), it seems to me you can do without her.

You and Mr B are very giving people and probably find it hard to be confrontational, Bons, but like Pan says, they both need to know you weren't too pleased to say the least.
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Weird Weekend
Its a strange thing with Donna. I have only known her for 2yrs now, and we became firm friends ... mainly because she was very low when we first met (she had split from a long term boyfriend and lost her house) and i was someone fresh to talk to.

Since then we meet up at least once a week, and she will text me often and ask how i am etc ....

She is younger than me though (by 7 yrs) - and her life is still a whirl of binge drinking. She is single and enjoying now the freedom of single life.

She often asks to stay over as she now has to live with her parents and they drive her bananas. She has asked many times, and i have said yes .... only for her not to turn up. I wouldnt mind, but im not the one begging her to come - she asks me !!

I think the trouble is, she gets a better offer. As gutting as that sounds, i think someone else asks her down the pub, or she goes to the pub at lunchtime and just stays there until she needs carrying out. She then forgets everything else she has pre arranged.

I suppose she doesnt think about the effects on me / Mr.B who have prepared the room, got extra food in etc .. because she never has to think of things like that. She has a mum who does everything for her.

Its odd though. She is always telling me how much she loves me, and that im her best friend .... and to be honest, i take it with a pinch of salt. She has one very good friend who she has known since her school days. She is her closest pal, and they share a love of all things horses. They fall out often though (not Donna's fault, the other girl is a nasty piece of work at times) and thats when i seem to come in handy.

Oh well, thats life. Like i said, i didnt even want her to stay, but she asked and i said yes. Ill know better next time.

Thanks for all your replies ... and Coastie - you can come over and visit whenever you like :w00t:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Are You Doing This Weekend? ils 976 40,029 10-05-2010 02:15 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Weird night mazwad 3 1,015 09-09-2007 06:55 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Weird animal facts mikado 4 836 06-10-2006 08:42 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Weird thing floopy 26 1,907 11-08-2006 09:00 PM
Last Post: floopy
  Are We Strange, Weird , Sad? Northern angel 19 1,781 07-06-2006 06:48 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  Weird Sensations. Northern angel 21 1,728 24-04-2006 08:40 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Easter weekend maxine 26 2,858 15-04-2006 05:23 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  loadsa folk in! weird kookycat 17 1,684 14-03-2006 08:39 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Weekend Breakfast! Mars 14 1,958 28-02-2006 04:49 PM
Last Post: Mars
  What shouldn't you be doing now but might do at the weekend because you're not sure h survivorfan 216 8,300 22-08-2005 05:32 PM
Last Post: Coastie