Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Werw you happy to see Brian go?
27-11-2004, 01:17 PM

Now that Brians walked out and left the jungle for good,are you glad that hes gone and do you think he should have stuck it out as his chances of winning seemed pretty good?

I taught it was a shame that he left as he seemed like a really decent down to earth bloke.

My friend who was watching it with me actually found his last seens a bit tear jerking when they were playing Stay Another Day as he left.

Id love to hear other peoples opinions on this matter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure he should have been there in the first palce to be honest alice. He seems to have had little concept of how life in camp would be and it wasn't the best time for him to be there anyway, what with his gran's death an' all.

I can't say that I'm bothered one way or another really, but if he felt he had to go then fair play to him, he did what was right for him at the time. I don't have a problem with that Smile
27-11-2004, 01:35 PM
I think Brian knew just how much he had to do to get the dosh, and chose to do no more, Brian is a temper tantrum quitter. His nan has died but lads in war have to carry on and if brian was working he would in some jobs have to keep working.
Brian has no intellectual or emotional stamina he has the impetuous life skills of a neanderthal toddler. When Tory Blurr said education Education Education and sadly put Blanktyblanket in charge they had no idea other other than to make school more like the prep school model how to reach the Brians in the system. Brian was in a no hope made up band with little talent. He helped make money for many and saw little himself, he signed his contract and made his choice. Perhaps if brian had had an education that taught him to analyse and think and work and complete tasks he would be happier. Brian is an angry frustrated person.
27-11-2004, 01:38 PM
He was a complete nonentity, once famous for being in a slightly awful boyband and then famous for taking drugs, has the ego of Bono though.
27-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Do you guys think that when he looks back on it that he el regret leaving or do you think he el be glad that that he left when he did?
27-11-2004, 01:57 PM
The thing is he does have a perfectly reasonable excuse and after talking to his PR people it will all be explained by the bereavement, his feelings for his decision though will be dictated by what the media decide to do, if they roast him then he will go on every chat show to explain his confused feelings about staying in there after his granny passed away. He is in the limelight therefore it was a good decision.
27-11-2004, 02:04 PM
I was most suprised by him as he was the one I was expecting to really dislike, but I didn't.

Having said that I dont' think his leaving will be a great loss.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2004, 02:07 PM
I think that, as with all "walkers" in any show of this format that they leave to avoid getting the rejection that is being voted out.

Also I do actually think that the diet of beans/rice has an adverse affect on those who have high sugar/processed food diet (witness Razor last time). Brian's "normal food" diet is one of processed meals and "Mac-donalts" - and he was experiencing a cold turkey affect (no pun intended :laugh: ). Now combine that with a limited vocabulary which makes group discourse/arguments frustrating and you get an "early bath" scenario.

He came across as still a child and thus when he met difficult times kind of stomped off to his room(hotel) mumbling "snot fair, I hate you" a la harry ENfield

What a total Walker he turned out to be :devil:
27-11-2004, 03:06 PM
alicepearlpilot Wrote:Do you guys think that when he looks back on it that he el regret leaving or do you think he el be glad that that he left when he did?

Depends what kind of spin he can put on it, as Kayemm says (welcome back btw Kayemm Smile) it'll probably be put down to berevement and folk will accept that and probably feel some sympathy for him, if this happens he'll be glad he left when he did. If he's dragged through the mill (media wise) and called a 'quitter' then he'll possibly regret it.

We shall see.
27-11-2004, 06:00 PM
From the point of view of his mental health, I think he did the right thing. If he'd exploded, and it looked more and more likely that he was about to, the fly swatting could have turned into human swatting. This would be bad for any career revival he was hoping to achieve!

The people who walk out of reality shows invaribly do so, not because they physically can't cope with the trials and tribulations, but because they can't cope with the group dynamics. Celebrities and anyone in a reality show are by definition going to be more extrovert and mouthy than the run of the mill person. This just increases the pressure as no one likes to back off and admit they're wrong and the whole thing turns into a massive clash of egos. Something has to give.

I also agree with She that Brian may not be used to having to see things through to the bitter end. It's probably not a culture he's familiar with because there's always the easy option of quitting and blaming it on something or someone else entirely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flies Get Better of Brian Haydon_acc2 23 4,902 27-05-2007 09:14 AM
Last Post: Rob
  Brian Harvey alicepearlpilot 27 4,595 21-05-2007 09:26 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Did Nat and Brian Deserve to be there at the end? MariaRob 18 2,543 08-12-2004 06:25 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  ****huge Spoiler*****re Brian Harvey Pandora 29 4,704 26-11-2004 11:23 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  Brian is in the jungle tpt 5 1,219 21-11-2004 08:36 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Brian May Quit Haydon_acc2 12 2,162 20-11-2004 04:05 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Brian Harvey has already... secrets 10 2,174 20-11-2004 10:50 AM
Last Post: Cat