Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What The Butler Saw
12-11-2004, 02:48 PM
What The Butler Saw

Unfortunatley I missed the first half hour of this new series and I was trying out my new whirlpool bath - which was lovely....

Anyway - having missed the first pary of the programmed it seems that I missed some of the ructions and bad behaviour that the staff kept referring to.

I thought Moira should have been dis-inherited instead of Terry, at least he was trying - all she could do was moan and groan about EVERYTHING.

The 'lady' of the house seems rather strange.......she seemed permanently drunk to me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2004, 01:14 PM
What The Butler Saw
WHAT! This programme has started already....!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Its had a fair bit of pre-airing hype, and I thought it sounded quite good, but I didn't think it started until next week.

What night's it on Minks?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2004, 01:16 PM
What The Butler Saw
Minklemar Wrote:Unfortunatley I missed the first half hour of this new series and I was trying out my new whirlpool bath.....

No offence Minks, but when I first read this line (above), I immediately thought of Les and Cilla off Coronation Street. :laugh:

But I'm certain that you're far more classy than them during your bathtime frolics.

19-11-2004, 01:54 PM
What The Butler Saw
karenh Wrote:No offence Minks, but when I first read this line (above), I immediately thought of Les and Cilla off Coronation Street. :laugh:

But I'm certain that you're far more classy than them during your bathtime frolics.

Well.....I haven't had pizza in the bath yet!!

The second episode was on last night (Thursday), what an odd family they are! DId you manage to see it Karen?
19-11-2004, 03:08 PM
What The Butler Saw
Bugger - no I still haven't seen it!

So, it's on thursday nights then? I must make a note to watch it next week.

20-11-2004, 03:58 PM
What The Butler Saw
Ohhh we have been glued to this - what a strange shower they are!

Moira is a moaning old witch, Sylvie and Terry dont seem to be able to have a drink without getting obnoxious.......complusive viewing, especially when they show you the staff below stairs discussing them!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
20-11-2004, 04:05 PM
What The Butler Saw
Welcome back Queenie and I hope your PC problems are behind you.

I watched this for the first time this week so don't really know what the set up is.

What a horrible bunch of individuals. On first impressions I don't have any sympathy for any of them and would rather the 50k went to one of the downstairs staff. Perhaps there'll be a twist at the end. That's a point, what are the staff getting out of it? They're toiling away all day, but for what?
20-11-2004, 05:13 PM
What The Butler Saw
awww thanks Nox its good to be back!!! ive missed you guys!

i agree with you about none of them deserving the 50k at the moment - i dont know how the staff keep their cool with the despots, just goes to show how professional they are, they certainly appear to have more breeding than their "masters" dont they!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
20-11-2004, 08:26 PM
What The Butler Saw
Have been glued to the screen as well. Agree with the fact that the family is completely dysfunctional but I suppose it would be rather boring with a bunch of plainies. I love Moira although she is a total pain in the arse lol! Sometimes I wonder if she is being serious or just taking the complete piss. I really went off the Lady of the house who got disinherited - she is just so unpredictable. Wasn't impressed with how she spoke to the Lord last week, making him out like he was completely dumb and that she had helped him in some way with his social skills. Excuse me? She is so nasty to her partner and Im fed up of hearing her longing for more action in the bedroom. Sometimes I really feel sorry for her though. Her sister isn't much better and seems very bitter. At the moment I would like her daughter to win it as she clearly wants to improve her life as she feels uncomfortable with where she is now.

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
21-11-2004, 05:00 PM
What The Butler Saw
After a bit of searching, I found a place to get these episodes...I really like this show. I think they picked quite an interesting family. I can't believe the way some of them act. I find Sylvie the most interesting to try to figure out. She's one of those people who seem to have been born into the wrong life...and her relationship with the Lord is very strange. I was shocked by her blatant statements about not wanting to be with him and him not giving her any action. lol

Moira is another screwed up one...but I can't help but like her for some reason. Must be the same reason as the staff are keeping her around. She is rather whiny, but I think she really does lack in self-confidence. I liked when the one staff lady tried to help her out and bring her attitudes up.

Anyways, great show so far...