Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What annoys you about your husband/wife/partner etc....
08-04-2005, 07:53 PM

OK, I know we all love them to pieces but there must be the odd little thing that annoys you about your partner.

What got me thinking about this is my husband's aversion to using the dishwasher. It's driving me and the kids mad. He even unloaded the half full dishwasher today and washed it up!! He says he doesn't mind washing up and he'll happily do it all. But of course I'd feel guilty if I let him do it all so I just have to help.

What is wrong with him?? And I don't want to hear that I should be grateful, blah, blah, blah.... etc etc!

Anyway, what little foibles do your partners have that drive you mad?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
He's a tinker isn't he! slam his fingers shut in it next time he goes to take something out!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Dolores Wrote:He's a tinker isn't he! slam his fingers shut in it next time he goes to take something out!

Yeh! Then he won't be able to do the washing up!
08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
The dishwasher is one of Mr F's major downfall's - he just cannot pack it right!! His way of packing it up takes 2 loads to wash - my way takes one load. :wallbash:
How many times have I showed him and how many times have I unpacked and re-packed in his presence?? I don't knwo - but I guarentee it is more time than Winston Chruchill had hot dinners!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Gooooood Topic... I could go on forever!! No I couldn't actually... my hubby is great :wub:

The thing that annoys me most is when he refuses to sit on the toilet and talk to me when I bath!

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
The only majorly annoying thing I can think of that bugs me about Mr H is that he is not one of lifes "finishers".

He's is superb at spotting exactly what jobs need to be done and he is great at getting them started. But unless the job can be started and completed in the same day, he gets bored and leaves it. 9 out of 10 times, I end up finishing the job for him, but when it is something that I can't actually do, I have to resort to nagging (as he likes to call it) until he gives in for the sake of a quiet life. And I hate being like that!

But from now on I think that I'll just call in a professional to finish the job. And pay him out of the joint account! :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
I love Mr P to bits.... he doesnt have any annoying habits - apart from one that I suppose he can't help; and that is - he snores like a mating heffalump ! The snores are incredibly loud and he never wakes up ! :mad2:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
08-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Mr M is tidy, and I mean TIDY!

Sometimes it really gets my goat.....he also sniffs his socks, which is pointless really as they always smell disgusting.

Why do men do that?...and fart in bed?...ugh. what I would give for a fartless night.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
09-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Quote:The thing that annoys me most is when he refuses to sit on the toilet and talk to me when I bath!
I can't get a bath in friggin peace in this house...they ALL want to talk to me in the bath......can spend hours ignoring me in the lounge, kitchen, garden...but get to the bathroom and they want to PARTEEEEEE.
09-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Different things annoy me at different times. Snoring, yes. Leaving toilet seat up, definitely, dripping on toilet floor, absolutely.

They are just standard things though.

What REALLY annoys me is that he is extreeeeeeeeeemely judgmental and thinks the worst of everyone initially. His cup is half empty, mine is half full. He is extremely critical, although sometimes this can be very funny.

Oh, and also first visit to loo in the morning is also accompanied by a fart. That doesn't bother me so much, I'm partial to a pump myself. It's the fact that it sounds exactly the same, every time.

Oh, and also he has had a cough for weeks now and it's REALLY getting on my nerves.

Oh, and also he can't just come and give me a cuddle, if you know what I mean??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Clothes shopping: Do you do it with your partner? karenh 21 2,131 05-08-2005 07:30 PM
Last Post: karenh
  What annoys you about the board? Dolores 121 6,403 10-04-2005 07:00 PM
Last Post: karenh
  What annoys you most? claire 34 2,863 24-02-2005 04:57 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Ideal Partner Scooby 19 2,153 14-11-2004 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bob