Other - please State
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing News Years Eve?
17-12-2004, 01:28 PM

No that's not an invitation!!!

I was just wondering what everyone is doing this year......

Do you stay up to welcome the New Year in or do you go to bed and not bother?
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2004, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2004 01:39 PM by karenh.)
Well, we were supposed to be going to a house party which promised to be pretty good. Unfortunately, the couple hosting have just split up so I doubt it'll be going ahead. Secretly,I'm quite pleased (about the party being cancelled that is - not about the couple splitting).

So now we have nothing planned!

We thought about ringing around our friends and see if any of them fancy coming to ours for a dinner party or something, but to be honest, for the first time in memory I have no desire to wake up on New Years day knackered and with a hangover.

So, we've decided that we'll probably have a nice dinner, get in some Champagne and tasty nibbles and buy a few fireworks. We'll eat the dinner, munch the nibles and watch the film. Then at midnight, we'll set off the fireworks (like everyone else in our street), break open the Champers, have a glass then go to bed.

We're planning to wake up on New Years Day fresh as a daisy, and make the most of the day!

Does that sound boring? It sounds like heaven to me, but in years past I would rather have slit my wrist than spend New Year like that. :laugh: Anyway, we're going to give the "low key and sensible" approach a trial run this year and see how it goes!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2004, 01:38 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:No that's not an invitation!!!

Huh I had got my hopes up then :laugh:

I said on the poll 'down to the pub' but i dont really know.

New Years Eve leaves me a bit cold to be honest. My mum used to host a NYE party every year, but it was BORING. The people there were their friends, and hubby and i used to just sit around waiting for midnight, and then we would be out of their faster than a rocket :laugh:

The last two years have been better. The one before last i went to my sister in laws and had a wonderful meal. Hubby got drunk which was fun to see, and i just observed as i had to drive.

Last year i watched Most Haunted Live with a bottle of champers, a large tin of quality street and Derek Acorah. What more could a girl wish for :cool2: I really enjoyed it. At midnight i called my mum and dad and then went to bed.

This year, now we have moved i recall our local landlord saying that he holds a small shindig at the pub. So we might go there for a few and see in the new year with our new locals.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
17-12-2004, 01:38 PM
We'll stay up. We'll have the telly on, but the main attraction will be the firework display that the people on the other side of the valley put on every year. And then we'll sleep lightly and listen out for the kids rolling in, in case any of them... ahem... :wacko: need help.
17-12-2004, 01:57 PM
We haven't really done much on New years eve for the past 5 years (since the kids came along)
It is just a big hassle to get baby sitters, then taxi's to go out, so we don't bother.
We will probably open a bottle of bubbly, watch tv, if there's anything decent on. and then go to bed after midnight.
Our town does a big firework display on New Years Day at about 5pm, so I think I will take the kids to that.

[Image: 429.gif]
17-12-2004, 03:06 PM
I absolutely love Hogmany! I'll be going round the pub to bring in the bells, then I will be first footing my gran (done it every year since I can remember!) then Im off to a mates house party which should be good!
Yelto! Bring on 2005!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 03:59 PM
For the last two years we have gone to a party at the local community centre which the sister of oneof my friends organises. Usually a really good laugh and we can take the kids as there will be loads of others there, and that is where we are going this year again. :drinking:
Find all posts by this user
17-12-2004, 05:40 PM
My friends are over from Australia...haven't seen them in years so we are all having a party at a mates house...it will be a blast....I shall probably offer to drive though as I am working New Years Day so wont be wanting to drink too much and if I drive I'll not drink at all! :blink:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
17-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Thats kind of you Coastie - sensible and a really great mate!!!

I will be working in my sisters pub - I will be preparing an a la carte meal for 12 peeps who have booked in and would like D, B&B. I will also be doing breakfasts for them too.

But the best of it is - the 12 are my mates - so I am cooking for my mates and staying over at the pub, and cos I am working I won't drink too much so will be up with the larks to do breakfasts.
17-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Most years we stay in as our big day is New years day, we go to a friends for champagne breaky at 9am...and the rest.

But this year The Cats are joining The Buzz's at the community hall. Take your own booze, food and children...and its within staggering distance. Quite looking forward to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good news! karenh 12 3,361 09-01-2009 08:41 PM
Last Post: Spooky
  Not so good news.... karenh 12 3,313 22-12-2008 01:03 PM
Last Post: karenh
  News from the Asylum... Haydon_acc2 4 1,200 03-08-2007 04:05 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  A picture every day for six years Slipper 14 1,710 04-10-2006 12:02 PM
Last Post: littlemissbig