Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing on Christmas Day this year?
12-12-2004, 01:10 PM

After reading PJ's post about having to do the washing up after Christmas dinner it made me wonder what everyone else does on Christmas day !

So are you staying at home or have you been invited out? Who does the cooking and who does the washing up, in your household?

This year we are eating out at the local carvery, so no cooking or washing up for anyone in my house - Bliss!!!
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm dead boring me! I'm off round to my mum's house where my brother's family will also be and then on Boxing Day, Maxine is visiting with her family.

So all in all a very contented Crimbo - but I shall be glad when I am back in my own little house lazing around in my dressing gown all day!

Are any poor sods working on Christmas Day?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2004, 02:52 PM
We are going to Mr Cat's brothers in London on xmas day and staying the night. Boxing day we are having a party here for both families, evening dress code with dickybows and feather boa's, thought it would make a nice change.

I have worked once on xmas day when I worked for a home for adults with learning difficulties, the shifts were cut down to 4 hour stints, I did 9-1pm so was back for lunch.

Its nice not having to cook dinner this year, just preparing buffett for boxing day (which I usually do too).

:excl:
12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
christms day here is a full house. Both the in-laws are coming. Oh and sister in law, she goes where ever mum and dad goRolleyes So a total of 7 adults and my 2 kids.
So I'll be cooking all the food, but someone else will be doing the washing up.
A bit of tv,play with the kids, and then buffet style tea of left overs, sausage rolls and salad, and everyone just help themselves if they want anything.

Oh and of course loads of wine.
I'm quite looking forward to it.
12-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Andrea, you could do your cage routine for the in laws this christmas...that would be a larf.
:bye:
12-12-2004, 06:32 PM
will be eating much choccie,drinking much wine,and opening many presents(i hope!) :laugh:
Then we are going to have a late dinner with some relatives,we all share the cooking by taking a different dish each.we are dressing up smart,and will be drinking much more wine!(and probably sloe gin,port...I'm so glad i cant drive! :devil: )The dishwasher washes up BTW, incase anyone was worried!
Then on the 28th we go to my mums in london overnight, then to mr s' parents in wilts the following day,then home via my dads in surrey on the thurs!I'll be glad to get home for a rest! :blink:
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Cat Wrote:Andrea, you could do your cage routine for the in laws this christmas...that would be a larf.
:bye:

That would be a larf:blink: :laugh:
13-12-2004, 12:07 PM
We are at friends on Christmas Eve, but not staying too late as we have Christmas Dinner for 11 - 3 tweenies, 3 teenagers and the rest made up of adults! The dishwasher will prove useful!

Last year we were at 5am, so I am hoping to stay in a bed a bit longer this year. The Church Service is at 10.30 and we hope to go along to that, as all the local people go along and it really is a lovely service, where all the children bring their toys.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-12-2004, 04:58 PM
We will be woken with nappy change to do first thing and the presents OOOOOHHHHH I just love that part!!

My folks in the morning,
Hubby's dad mid morning,

Hubby's mother and boyfriend for CHRISTMAS LUNCH- YUM YUM :holiday: (during which there's bound to be a little family feud over the dinner table :boxing: may be interesting)

Then I will have a little argument with my husband over who gets to drink more - neither of us will want to drive home!! :ranting:

Then its off to bed and probably waaaay too tired for any nookie :sleep:
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm working...08-2000.... :sad:

but

My mate is coming to stay over Christmas and in return for my spare room and a quiet Christmas she is going to cook me Christmas dinner and have it ready for when I get home! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Another year, another resolution doodah 12 4,360 24-03-2011 07:24 AM
Last Post: jannypan
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,605 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,221 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,197 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse