Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What book are you reading now?
31-10-2004, 07:17 PM

I have just finished reading 'Burned Alive' by Souad, it's the true story of a young girl from the West Bank, who survived an attempted 'honour killing' It was shocking but interesting.
Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2004, 09:04 PM
'A High Time To Kill' - Raymond Benson (yes it's another Bond book..... Wink )....I will be looking to read Tom Clancy's 'The Teeth of the Tiger' next though!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2004, 10:16 PM
I haven't read a good book for a long time. I keep starting them and then putting them to one side to get lost in the dust in my bedroom - or become covered in day old knickers!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
31-10-2004, 10:25 PM
I've only recently got back into reading Dol.....it took me a year to finish one book which I actually started three times!

My excuse is that when I would normally read I have been writing or decorating....but lately I have been able to find lots of time for both writing and reading and have read 5 books in two months......that's flipping good for me that is as I am a slow reader!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
31-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I've got to confess that since going on-line I'm reading books a whole less than I've ever done at any stage of my life.The last book I read was by Joan Lingard called 'aross the Barricades'

Synopsis
Kevin is Catholic. Sadie is Protestant. In Belfast they are supposed to be enemies - so what chance do they have when they fall in love?

The book was pitched very well at a young teenage audience and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.I sat down and whizzed through it in one session.My 13year old had to do some work on it and I was being a whole lot less than helpful in answering her questions so opted to read it for myself.It was well written,well paced and really did give a balanced view of The Troubles.As an adult,it was quite refreshing to read such a book and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us
To see oursel's as others see us!'' Robert Burns.
01-11-2004, 12:14 AM
I've just finished the Di Vinci code and have just read the first chapter of Cradle Song (will post the author later). Smile
01-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Cat Wrote:I've just finished the Di Vinci code and have just read the first chapter of Cradle Song (will post the author later). Smile

I am planning to finally start reading the Da Vinci Code, whenever I find enough time to start it when all my necessary reading for classes slows down a bit..lol.
01-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Islandman Wrote:I am planning to finally start reading the Da Vinci Code, whenever I find enough time to start it when all my necessary reading for classes slows down a bit..lol.

There was a hole thread on Da Vinci on the old board, didn't read it as thought would save it till finished the book - too late Sad

There are loads of websites dedicated to Dan Brown and his book, its a very interesting read. The dialog is a bit twee at times but its a very interesting topic. You will be dragging art books off the shelves.

Enjoy Smile
01-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Just cleared 20 books from his side of the bed ... I got to bed with a book, hit the zeds within a paragraph and he takes it off me ... aaah sweet ... next night I grab a book and the same thing ... So obviously reading nothing gripping at the moment .. or having any Rumpeh Pumpeh!

The last one that kept me awake was Fifty-Minute Hour by Wendy Perriam ~ a comic/harrowing inter-weaving of the lives of people undergoing psychoanalysis

Some mornings it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps . [Image: badgersm.gif]
01-11-2004, 05:48 PM
I eventually at long last finished Chocolat, which was really a lovely book and made me eat more chocolate than I usually do!! I would love to see the film, what more can a woman ask for the delectable Mr Depp and chocolate! Heart

I am going to start reading A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly - any read this one?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are you interest in reading? SmithSandrino 2 1,182 08-12-2011 10:20 AM
Last Post: feena
  Good book site Fee For All 1 1,195 28-05-2007 10:59 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  i need a new book kookycat 13 3,692 05-10-2006 09:23 AM
Last Post: Critique
  A good book. Northern angel 1 1,083 30-01-2006 06:05 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  what is your favourite book?? Crystal Lights 43 4,564 24-08-2005 09:12 PM
Last Post: Marmoset
  Book club choice for June/July.... Dolores 49 5,191 26-07-2005 07:31 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  book club kookycat 25 3,133 15-06-2005 06:00 PM
Last Post: kookycat
  Holiday Reading - Desperate Help Required karenh 7 1,675 19-05-2005 09:38 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  What’s your favourite Terry Pratchett Book? Cockney 12 2,272 01-03-2005 06:51 PM
Last Post: waylander