Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you look for in a holiday?
16-06-2006, 07:31 PM

So what's important to you when it comes to booking your time off work and heading off on your holidays?

I am not a fan of package deals and those holidays that involve rushing you from one destination to another with a bunch of strangers...neither do I go for the ones that basically offer a beauttiful beach and nothing more...I can't sit on a beach for 2 mins let alone for an entire holiday.

I prefer to go cheap and non-restricted...all I want is a place to lay my head each night and for the rest of the time I want to explore the places others simply don't get to see. I want activity and lots of it be it the buzz of a city or a yomp through scenic areas...I want to be on the go all the time and not waste a minute sitting around...:good:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Coastie Wrote:So what's important to you when it comes to booking your time off work and heading off on your holidays?

Not to be treated as a tourist. So has to be off the beaten track.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Coastie Wrote:I prefer to go cheap and non-restricted...all I want is a place to lay my head each night and for the rest of the time I want to explore the places others simply don't get to see. I want activity and lots of it be it the buzz of a city or a yomp through scenic areas...I want to be on the go all the time and not waste a minute sitting around...:good:

my word! i need a lie down just thinking about your energetic holiday Coastie!

I'm a lazy person who likes a routine albeit a vague one (saves doing too much thinking!). I'd hate the sort of holiday where I was rushed and had too much planned. I like to get up in a leisurely manner and set off to whatever I'm going to do all in my own good time. As it's usually just me and my son I don't have to please anyone else so don't need to continually think of what others might enjoy!

Mainly I look for sun, good food, good beer and interesting things to do in the day and evening with LOTS of relaxation and watching the world go by!

As a poor person who is not adventurous I've never really been able to afford much and havent' been daring enough to do anything very exciting.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Comfort is key for us. If we go on a Eurocamp/Keycamp type holiday, then it would have to be in a luxury van! We tried the tent thing when the kids were small and it was too much like hard work.

We like a mixture of sightseeing/doing stuff and relaxing. We're not really sun worshippers, although we do like the sea especially a good rough one with good waves (except for youngest Master P, but he just moans about everything and we switch off). We tend to go for places that have a pool so the boys can have a splash around before we go out and/or when we get back.

We've been to France a few times now and are going again this summer. We're staying in a gite, owned by and English couple, with a pool shared with one other gite, so that's just fine. We can go off during the day with a picnic or not, visit our friends who have moved out there (or not) and come back to our own space. Good weather helps, but is not essential.
02-12-2011, 03:04 AM
alternate MLB jerseys with any name and number. You will find a great selection of MLB apparel including MLB throwback jerseys and more of your favorite MLB gear as well as youth MLB jerseys.

mlb jerseys wholesale
mlb replica jerseys
cheap mlb replica jerseys
13-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Well, it matter if what holiday like if its Christmas wear a red shirt and if you have it a green shorts.
25-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Once upon a time, a sailor with his fellows sailed on the beautiful blue sea. Suddenly the sky turned dark, a fierce gale sprang up and waves of the sea got terribly high. lace wedding dress All the people on the ship were in great panic and the captain thought their voyage might offend the deity of this place, simple wedding dresses so after a short discussion, mermaid wedding dresses they decide to threw the most handsome sailor into the sea to sacrifice to the deity.
12-01-2012, 06:40 AM
To go on a piknik with my friends and enjoy the holiday.
17-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Big fat flakes a line wedding dresses fell on 63 junior prom dresses 2012 couples who decided to get married or black evening dresses renew their vows on Valentine’s Day. It’s an annual tradition casual flower girl dresses wedding dresses at Loveland ski area. It is the 21st year for formal mother of the bride dresses the Annual Mountaintop Matrimony service. Skiers mother of the brides dresses and riders in wedding dresses, tuxes, and various other sexy little black dresses colorful and crazy winter wear made fashion dresses their way up little black dresses to Ptarmigan Roost wedding dresses under 100 Cabin for the plus size evening dresses mass wedding, which is held at 12,050 feet in altitude.

The outfits were very lively, especially because of the best-dressed contest. The service took about 30 minutes after which everyone who one shoulder short dress said “I do” skied or snowboarded down for cake and music to celebrate the cheap prom dresses special day. Harry Heilman, Registered Minister with the Universal Life Church, conducted the ceremony, as he does every year, for all couples at the same time. 15 couples actually tied the knot for the first time and it is legitimate.
28-02-2012, 06:54 AM
We've been to France a few times now and are going again this summer. We're staying in a gite, owned by and English couple, with a pool shared with one other gite, so that's just fine. We can go off during the day with a picnic or not, visit our friends who have moved out there (or not) and come back to our own space. Good weather helps, but is not essential.

Cheap RS Gold
Cheap Runescape Gold
Buy Runescape Gold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Daughters Mini Holiday From Hell. Seabreeze 9 2,504 02-04-2006 02:31 PM
Last Post: Bella