Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What films are you looking forward to seeing / not going to see?
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM

There seems to be a dearth of upcoming movies that look any good to the extent that one of the films I want to see is coming out in May 2008

World Trade Center is one of them (it was being advertised in the US when I was there on holiday in October)
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 comes out in July
and Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time (how apt a title) is due for release in May next year with the original cast Smile

and potentially Shrek 3 if it's any good

I thought Charlottes Web looked like a good film (or at least idea) until they showed the trailers before 'A Night at the Museum' and it's now on my don't want to watch list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2007 01:45 PM by Slipper.)
I want to go and see Deep Water. It's a docudrama about Donald Crowhurst and the first round the world yacht race.

I think it's the same team who did Touching The Void.

Editted to add

If you are in any way interested in adventurers you should read the book Voyage For Madmen which gives the accounts of all the nine sailors in this first Round-The-World race http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voyage-Madmen-Pe...F8&s=books
05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
For obvious reasons looking forward to Pirates of The Caribbean 3 and Shrek the Third looks fun!

And Harry Potter's Order of The Phoenix will be out this year, so will pop along and see that.

Don't know much of what else is on but Deep Water should be good if it was the same peeps who made Touching the Void.

One film that I will be avoiding at all costs is the Return of Rocky or whatever it is called - never seen a Rocky fillm and have no desire to start now!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Ooh, and I think may pop along and see Miss Potter purely for the fact that I have holidayed a lot in the Lake District and I like Ewan McGregor.

05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Will def go and see the new Harry Potter one.

I only ever get to the cinema to see kids films these days:cry: I shall make it a new year resolution to get to see an adult film at least one every two months this year...
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I wont be going to see Miss. Potter as i have a loathing of Rene Zellllwweggger. Im also anti Harry Potter (im a misog arent i).

Im looking forward 'now' to the Pirates of the Caribbean film ..... although until reading the posts here i didnt know there was a new one coming out !!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Buzz Wrote:I shall make it a new year resolution to get to see an adult film at least one every two months this year...

What ... as in 'kinky' stuff :w00t:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I wont be going to see Miss. Potter as i have a loathing of Rene Zellllwweggger. Im also anti Harry Potter (im a misog arent i).

Im looking forward 'now' to the Pirates of the Caribbean film ..... although until reading the posts here i didnt know there was a new one coming out !!

Oh Bonnie, surely you didn't think that was the end of Captain Jack Sparrow!

Rumour has it that Keith Richards may make an appearance as his dad but not sure how true this is, considering the fiming has finished.

Looking forward to seeing Captain Barbosa again though!

05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Bonsai Wrote:What ... as in 'kinky' stuff :w00t:
I think not Bons. I can't cope with all that. It makes my toes curl just thinking about it.:shocking:
08-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Hmmm...

I really have yet to get excited about much this year on the film front...I shall obviously be visiting the cinema...alot...in 2007 but am lacking the anticipation factor...maybe i'm getting old...maybe I was spoiled last year with the wait for the new Bond film and anything else just doesn't cut it with reagrds to the excitment that moment whisked up in me...Deep Water will be a must see of sorts as I enjoy documentaries of that nature. I guess Pirates of the Carribaen is a must do and if there is a Shrek 3 then yeah why mot...Miss Potter will be done soon but I can't be fished with Rocky, the Pursuit of Happiness and all those bananas...although I'll probably see them at some stage no doubt.Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Are Your Favourite Films Purple Passion 6 1,151 12-05-2008 09:45 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  New films to look out for!! Ziller 1 779 13-10-2006 10:07 AM
Last Post: Ziller
  Scary films Dolores 26 2,597 10-09-2006 03:30 PM
Last Post: gatubela
  Films have taught me... Coastie 13 1,608 31-07-2006 07:43 AM
Last Post: Coastie