Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of drunk are you?
08-12-2004, 09:40 AM

Well, are you happy, sad, aggressive, crude, sex mad, maudlin, never been drunk?

or is it a combination of the above?

I went out on Friday and got really drunk really quickly and was a party, fun-loving, loud (probably slightly obnoxious) drunk who totally forgot the taxi journey home and felt terrribly guilty the next day for drinking so much and kept thinking I'd been loud, aggressive and crude (my language is even more choice after a few beers sometimes!!) ...even though my drinking buddies assured me I hadn't been awful.

Last night i went out, had a few beers, a couple of glasses of wine, some great laughs and conversations, was tiddly but not drunk and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Much more preferably to getting absolutely bladdered and worrying about who'd I'd upset and not remember getting home!

So do you go out to get plastered or can you do it in moderation? And if you don't drink is it cos you had a bad experience in the past when yuo have had a few?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 10:56 AM
I hate getting very drunk. When that happens i become very sad and normally cry a lot. I feel ****e the next day, and just generally wish i hadnt gone out.

BUT i love getting tiddly. I get all giggly, think i am the best person in the world and tell everyone i love them :laugh: I even laugh at truly pathetic jokes and tell a few of my own (although more often than not i forget the punchlines !!!).

My mood though does change depending on what im drinking. Wine tends to make me sad, whereas gin makes me happy. I went out a while ago now and stuck to wine, and i didnt have a very good time even though the company was excellent. BUT i recently had a gin fest, and felt on top of the world.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
08-12-2004, 11:13 AM
I just fall asleep - like keel over anywhere, anytime and gone out like a light! :wacko:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Im the same as Bonsai. I either get very emotional in a happy sense or tell everyone I love them, even if I hate them. I get really annoyed when I remember all this in the morning. I also laugh at anything. If there is a dance floor I won't be off that until the last song has played. If overdo it I get all panicky and then get really sleepy. I just have a great time regardless!

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
08-12-2004, 12:37 PM
I go through various stages;
(If I'm on my own) staring at my pint in a state of reverie;
staring at my pint in a state of euphoria;
imagine I'd be great at karaoke;
fancy the barmaid and imagine we'd be great in a duet;
get thrown out for singing (it's not a karaoke bar);
walk home mildly depressed,
or grab a curry and walk home slightly less depressed;
wake up feeling ill and blame the curry;
remember I can't sing and feel depressed;
fancy a pint tonight to cheer myself up.

If I'm with others, I'm a motormouth and tell a load of twenty year old jokes.
I don't know if they're funny as I can't remember them when I'm sober.

I gave up drinking five years ago, and I've stopped singing. Took up writing and experienced euphoria; so I don't need drink.
08-12-2004, 01:53 PM
The first stage is bitching. I usually have a moan about everyone who is p*ssing me off, although in a fairly lighthearted kind of way,

Next comes loudness. The volume goes up so I can be heard thoroughly (even though I'm hardly the quietest person in the world anyway).

This is followed quickly by perviness. I flirt with anything, anybody, around me, whether it be male, female or animal. Doesn't matter, anyone will do. Lots of talk about sexual matters ensues.

Then I move on to the "advice" stage. This is where I tell those around me what they are REALLY thinking and why they act the way they do. I have to be honest here and say that I have never been wrong. I tend to shock/upset people because I am right, but in my mind they need to hear it. (Actually I think they enjoy the attention really!)

This is usually the point at which I realise it's time to go home and leave. I have to say I haven't gone beyond this point for quite a long time now, and I hope I don't do it again...

My next stage is becoming maudlin. I start reflectiung on my failings as a human being, and feeling like a fool. I don't like this feeling, so it then turns to anger at the rest of the world. This is followed, if there is no let up, by aggression, when I start taking it out on anyone around me.

Thank God, I have only got to the last stagea few times in my life, and it's not an experience I intend to repeat. It only happens when I drink quickly, because I don't have time to absorb the alcohol and realise how drunk I am before I go on to the next thing.

So now I drink more slowly and alternate one alcoholic drink with one glass of water.

That way, I usually just get to the pervy/having a laugh stage.
08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Very perceptive. If I could moderate my drinking, I would still be drinking now;
but I drank to get drunk. I loved the euphoria. And I never reached a point when I realised it was time to go home; except if I felt ill. You must have a lot of self restraint.
08-12-2004, 02:39 PM
zip Wrote:You must have a lot of self restraint.

Er, no. Otherwise I wouldn't smoke and eat too much either!! :laugh:

It's more the fact that I can't stand the thought of behaving like a total arse in front of people and then having to face them the next day!!
08-12-2004, 02:44 PM
I am hopeless in that even a relatively small amount of alcohol makes me tipsy and flirtatious.

But I don't get drunk...I can't stand that "whirling pits" feeling when you lie down and the room is spinning, nor can I stand the terrible hang over feeling the following day.

So, basically, a couple of glasses of champagne/beer/wine whatever and I'm anyones.
08-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Normal1 Wrote:So, basically, a couple of glasses of champagne/beer/wine whatever and I'm anyones.

Woooohoooo, are you coming to the Feb meet, Norm:wink2:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The "how drunk will Groucho get tonight" thread ... Dolores 49 4,280 05-10-2007 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Are you a sentimental/keepsake kind of person? Dolores 25 2,893 05-10-2007 02:37 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  What is your favorite kind of food!? fUdGyDaWHaLEE 11 1,701 15-06-2007 06:02 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Cooking when drunk .... is it EVER a good idea?! Dolores 3 713 20-10-2006 10:16 AM
Last Post: Critique
  The how to NOT get drunk thread Slipper 2 485 18-09-2006 04:34 PM
Last Post: Rob
  the best thing about being drunk is..... Dolores 12 1,284 08-12-2005 09:38 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Dilemma and advice needed kind people!! Flip 14 1,503 13-03-2005 07:24 PM
Last Post: Flip
  What kind of teenager were you? claire 16 1,479 07-03-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: ils