Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for tea?
13-02-2005, 10:26 AM
What's for tea?

We used to have this thread didn't we but it hasn't popped up in the new forum. So has anyone got any bright ideas of what to eat for tea?

For some strange reason I've invited my parents round for Sunday dinner! I love them and I like their company, but sometimes one can't be fagged with peeling vegetables, eating at the table and making sure things are tidy!!!

We've got curly kale as one of our vegetables, me and my son discovered this the other night and it is DELICIOUS - I recommend it. I get fed up with our veggies it's either carrots; brocolli or cauli.

So what is anyone else eating today?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2005, 10:27 AM
What's for tea?
Roast chicken, potatoes, peeled tomatoes (for me), broccoli (for them..I don't do broccoli :laughSmile, and stuffing.

All courtesy of my mum. Big Grin

Angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards.
Find all posts by this user
13-02-2005, 10:31 AM
What's for tea?
We're off out to lunch! Woohoo! To the local Harvester - it beats cooking.
13-02-2005, 10:33 AM
What's for tea?
ooh the works today. Roast Chicken, roast pots, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, yorkshire puds and two other veg yet to be decided. With lashings of gravy ofcourse.

What the frig is curly kale.
13-02-2005, 10:35 AM
What's for tea?
Roast beef, roast potatoes, calui broccoli, carrots, roast prsnps, cougettes, sprouts (only for mr b,,yeughgh) and leeks. and yorkshire pud

:eat: :eat:

all followed by Rennie probably :wacko:
13-02-2005, 10:37 AM
What's for tea?
aren't we all so traditional with our Sunday roasts! It's my favourite kind of meal!

So max you lot off out to a harvester? i thought hubby had just mastered the art of cooking a sunday lunch ... he needs to give it another go ..... preferably not the weekend we come down!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-02-2005, 10:37 AM
What's for tea?
Quote:What the frig is curly kale.

this is a really green curly!! cabbage like thing....great in mashed potatoes with onions..colcannon(sp) lovely

nice with a fried egg on top!!
13-02-2005, 10:38 AM
What's for tea?
Cat Wrote:What the frig is curly kale.

curly kale is kinda like a stiff cabbage and it's ... well it's curly! try it!

13-02-2005, 10:41 AM
What's for tea?
I always see Kale in the supermarket but have never tried it because - get this - I'm put off by the name, because it starts with a K.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
13-02-2005, 10:42 AM
What's for tea?
survivorfan Wrote:I always see Kale in the supermarket but have never tried it because - get this - I'm put off by the name, because it starts with a K.

Any other letter phobia's SF?? do you eat all other veg that oesn't start with K? :laugh: