Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Worst Unintentional Insult You Could Receive?
03-05-2005, 05:41 PM

I am not talking about stuff like "You're looking a bit porky these days fatso" but the totally unintended stuff such as "Ah but you'd do anything for anyone, you" (i.e. you are a total doormat with no self respect).

The other day someone referred to me as "nice" and I was truly mortified. I have NEVER aspired to be "nice" - in fact anything but! "Nice" to me means the sort of person who is generally regarded as a "good egg", who helps out with the church fete, does home baking, visits old ladies in their spare time, does some sort of yukky craft thing for a hobby, and makes their own Xmas cards. The sort of person who regards a glass of wine at Christmas as really pushing the boat out. The sort of person who looks forward to weddings and Christenings, smiles at small children in the supermarket, never gossips about other people - in fact the very antithesis of me! :mad2:

So, just for the record - I AM NOT "NICE".

No matter what anybody may say.

So come on, share all...let me know how you can be unintentionally insulted, and I will try and drop it in to any discussion from this point forward. Hurrah!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Quote:The other day someone referred to me as "nice" and I was truly mortified.
I shouldn't worry - I can't see this being a regualr occurance.... :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2005, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2005 06:57 PM by Patsy.)
I've said this to you before, Ceri. It really winds me up when people tell me they believe I say exactly what's on my mind. I think that makes me sound like a real hard faced bolshy bitch.

If only they knew. I may come across as being forthright, but actually I wish I could speak my mind sometimes, at least then I would be honest with myself. I am very non-confrontational, even with my closest friends. Cat will tell you, we've had one argument in 20 years, and that was fuelled by fear and drink (I thought I'd lost her in Beckenham when we were both drunk!). Not that she ever winds me up obviously, that was just an example.

Oh God, I'm dead.
03-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Ceridwen Wrote:So, just for the record - I AM NOT "NICE".

.......unless of course it was an acronym for

Never Intentionally Caring or Empathetic?
03-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't understand the question - I'll come back when I'm drunk.
03-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Ceridwen Wrote:So come on, share all...let me know how you can be unintentionally insulted, and I will try and drop it in to any discussion from this point forward. Hurrah!

You don't really think we would be daft enough to give you amunition, do you? :laugh:
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I was just gonna say, I really love the way that Critique is so innocent, isn't it sweet that she doesn't know what we're talking about? :w00t:
03-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I hate being described as sensible and level-headed. Not that it happens much, I have to say.

And also when people tell me something of mine is 'lovely'. I have hated my dining room ever since a neighbour said this about it! I don't do lovely, I do different.

Nice thread BTW, Ceri. :devil:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
03-05-2005, 07:58 PM
OOOh I hate the word "lovely" too..especially when it's trilled by some awful middle class, middle aged simpering woman!
03-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Ceridwen Wrote:I was just gonna say, I really love the way that Critique is so innocent, isn't it sweet that she doesn't know what we're talking about? :w00t:

She won't be sweet and innocent after we get hold of her at the Portsmouth Meet! :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Insult or Compliment? Dolores 16 1,816 13-03-2006 03:38 PM
Last Post: kookycat
  Worst thing ever eaten Bonsai 51 3,661 28-08-2005 08:38 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  Worst Words jaycee 14 1,842 31-07-2005 08:49 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Insult the person above thread Lugger Buggs 353 12,308 24-07-2005 09:10 PM
Last Post: jaycee
  Work's worst scenarios Andrea 21 2,223 14-04-2005 12:48 PM