Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to wear
14-12-2006, 02:43 PM
What to wear

Help! I have a bit of a drink and nibbles party at work tomorrow. It is out of hours but is still early eveningish. I have a black top that has sequins around the neck, but am wondering whether it is OTT for this kind of do, or should I just go in regular smart clothes?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2006, 04:09 PM
What to wear
why not wear smart black trousers or skirt to work and bring the black top with you as back-up if it's dressy..

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2006, 04:33 PM
What to wear
Go with what you feel comfortable in - you can always wear a smart pair of jeans with your top to dress it down a little if you feel it is too dressy.

Christmas is a time for dressing up and getting all glitterly though, so I think the top would be ideal!

Why don't you post a picture of the two outfits and then we can do a Trinny & Susannah and let you which one is the best?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-12-2006, 06:02 PM
What to wear
Never knowingly under dress .... thats what i say

Go with the black top you have, and show them how glamour is done.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
14-12-2006, 08:40 PM
What to wear
absolutely! If there's a time for sequins, it's christmas. You go girl :w00t:

I'm also torn - we're going out on Monday night and I really want to wear my high heeled boots black boots, but we're going to be cruising around town and I'm not sure if my feet are up to it, but what the heck.

Bollox to potplants
14-12-2006, 09:05 PM
What to wear
Thanks guys for your advice. I will wear the black top with sequins. They are subtle but nice, kinda real classy. Big Grin

Floops, there is nothing worse than heels when your feet are hurting. Used to be when I worked in London some years back that I wore heels every day, some 4 inch ones at times, and I was so used to it that they never hurt, and I walked like a duck if I put low shoes on, but now I can't stand high heels anymore, and hate wearing them, but do if I am dressing up. I saw a girl the other day changing shoes on the pavement, I did have to laugh.:laugh:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
14-12-2006, 09:12 PM
What to wear
I'm with Bonnie on this one - I'd rather be over-dressed to kill than under-dressed to fade into the background.

At our Christmas party last year, I wore a fabulously sexy cocktail dress. Most of the other women were wearing more conservatively glamorous stuff, but what did I care! I felt as far as I was concerned I looked gorgeous and I knew it :laugh: I got tons of compliments from the guys.

But Bella's suggestion is good. If you want to be in line with everyone else, I'd go to work in a pair of smart trousers that would look nice with the sequinned top, but wear a more smart/casual top for the day. Then, if other people are going more dressy, change into the sequinned top for the evening do.

Either way, have a fabby time.
14-12-2006, 10:44 PM
What to wear
Go for it, tigger and I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time sweetie! It's an oldie, I know but I hope you do!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-12-2006, 11:37 PM
What to wear
floopy Wrote:my high heeled boots black boots

You are excited about them, aren't you? Cool

If I can offer any advice ladies, turn up naked, bring beer!

The boys will love you forever!Cool

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
15-12-2006, 08:02 AM
What to wear
You don't want me to wear my boots as well then? :sad:

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post