Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happened to...
08-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Whatever happened to...

those 2 boys that took the little boy, about 3 yrs old...named Jaimie(?) from the shopping mall back about 10-15 years ago?? Have they let them go b/c they were juvies or are they serving more time in an adult prison?? Just curious b/c I think about that horrid event when I go somewhere and msboy#2 wants to go look at toys or books and I'm shopping...I'm a nervous wreck till he returns!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Whatever happened to...
They are now back on the streets but have moved away from the area and have new identities. I think I had heard one had moved to Australia but can`t confirm this is true.

A few years back the mother of Jamie found out where one of them was now living and went and watched him from a distance but did not do anything. She said she just needed some sort of closure.
08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Whatever happened to...
I say once a psycopath, always a psycopath! It won't be long, something will come up on one or both of them. They had all that time in juvie to learn from the other psychopaths.:mad2:

09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Whatever happened to...
When you read about the horrific things they did to that little boy it makes you worry about those boys on the streets living 'normal' lives.

I know the lads were young, but what child at that age thinks about torturing another human being ?

I would like to think that they changed in prison, and they truly were sorry for what they did - but i have a feeling they will commit crimes again.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Whatever happened to...
I'm with you Bons...after all they were locked up with 'fellow juvenile wrong-doers', so I'm sure info, bragging, and all sorts of stuff was passed around as ghost stories at a campfire...:unsure:

14-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Whatever happened to...
As always the public only got to hear about the half of it...there was alot more to this incident than was ever fully disclosed because if it had of been those two lads would have been dead by now.

There have been a couple fo child killers who have been released and have never comitted again...there was a girl once who kileld a freind when she was very young and she now has a family and is living as normal a life as any person could having done what she did...her crime was not even remotely as saddistic and calculated as the two boys who killed Jamie though.

I feel those two boys are still a danger to society in light of the amount of thought they put into the initial kidnap...the fact they managed to lie so blatantly when questioned by members of the public while enroute to the kill zone and then the nature of the torture and suffering they put the toddler through suggests to me a pair of seriously damaged minds.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Whatever happened to...
They are supposed to have made huge progress and be 'new' people, which is ,I suppose part of the point of prison ( rehabilitation). But, they have new identities ( I often wonder how that works - do they never see their families etc again? How is it all kept quiet?) - with the comment from one probation officer ( apparently they will be under care of the probation service for life) - that they will almost certainly have to tell any future wife. How could they not do so and what will happen then? Anyone have an idea what it would feel like going to bed with someone who has just told you this kind of news? Anyone for a cheque from the NoW?
01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Whatever happened to...
I think you mean Mary Bell, Coastie.

As for Robert Thomson & John Veneables, neither of these boys came from a stable background. One of them was the ringleader and I think he was just pure evil and the other wee boy became very vulernable under his wing.

I do think that the way you are brought up has a lot to do with how you behave - not all the time as there are people who come from good backgrounds who turn bad - these 2 boys had no love or proper unbringing within the family unit, they were allowed to do exactly as they pleased. I don't know if they were on the "at risk" register and not sure if Social Services could have done something.

They have been given new identities but how do wipe out the fact that you killed a little boy and then spent your childhood in a detention centre, do you just make up a story about what you done in your formative years?

So, ok they maybe rehabilitated and come across as being safe but how on earth would you cope knowing you had given birth to a murderer's child without knowing their past? I think concealing their identities could a lot more harm than good.

Are their parents allowed to be in contact with them?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
03-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Whatever happened to...
I really hope they're still not in the area because it happened near me I think. It's really scary what they did, I don't think they should've been let out....
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Whatever happened to...
littlemissbig Wrote:I really hope they're still not in the area because it happened near me

SO it would have been better if it happened near someone else then?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]