Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the draw?
13-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Whats the draw?

This is a serious question that I'd be interested to know the answer to. Why do you visit SO?

Most of the SO regulars log on here most, if not every day, but many of those same people decline to post except on an ocassional basis. I often do this myself - log on, have a nose around the posts or maybe play a game, then log out without posting anything. But, there are now so many people doing that regularly that sometimes, there is hardly anything new to read.

So, what's the draw? Why do you log on here most days - especially if yo have no intention of posting?

I'm not questioning why people don't post. That question has been asked before . What I'd like to know instead is what keeps you logging on to SO on a regular basis? Especially given that many people seem to feel that the forum has lost it edge.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Whats the draw?
I don't "BELIEVE" this has come up again.

I like to look in to see what everyone is doing with their slow-cookers, What they are doing tonight, What they are listening to, What they really like and What they really hate.....Occassionally I like to find out what is going on in the Big Brother house.

And YOU??
13-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Whats the draw?
I definitely don't post as much these days, so I "BELIEVE" I'm as much to blame as the next person for the current inertia of the board. I think it's like a pub that you used to go to all the time, where you've had a few fall-outs, but some of the old faces still go in there, so you pop in for a chat every now and then. If there's not much going on, you have a swift one and go home. If it's lively, you stick around and have a laugh/row, whatever.

Mostly, I stick around to see if Fee is ever going to say anything funny again.
13-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Whats the draw?
It depends on my moods I suppose. Some days I'm in the mood to post, others I'm not. I tend to have a lot going on in my life and it takes priority over my thinking, so even though I do log on quite regularly, have a read, I quickly go back to my own life. So it's not really due to who is on here, it's more about me.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Whats the draw?
Slipper Wrote:And YOU??

I dunno why I come here. Really, I don't. That's why I asked the question. If I knew why I did, I'd assume that everyone else was logging on for the same reason.
13-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Whats the draw?
Patsy Wrote:I think it's like a pub that you used to go to all the time, where you've had a few fall-outs, but some of the old faces still go in there, so you pop in for a chat every now and then. If there's not much going on, you have a swift one and go home. If it's lively, you stick around and have a laugh/row, whatever.

Yeah. Good analogy.

I s'pose thats sort of how I feel.
13-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Whats the draw?
I cling to the hope Catherine and Fee will get back on the road to 'addiction' soon, but I have come to accept they are busy with a thing called "LIFE" right now. I really do like interacting with the group on here...I have no one I want to fuss with. It is kinda slow, but I like the 'over the fence' chat value. You lot do really interest me and I have peeps I love to see post, and I feel like I have to 'check in' to see what's being discussed. I have been off a lot this week with subbing for a colleague and then having to let my former employers know they cannot be trashy and underhanded as they attempted earlier this week and then the job interview came up...but after I get back from town from shopping, and get some house duties out of the way, I have to 'catch up' and I believe I have internet access at work, so I may get to keep up better on my lunches and periods of down time. I just love y'all man!! That's all it is...:wink_kiss

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
13-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Whats the draw?
Figaro Wrote:Yeah. Good analogy.

I s'pose thats sort of how I feel.

Ah, get your own opinions, you friggin sheep!

(The occasional bit of arjee barjee is an obvious draw.) :wink2:
13-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Whats the draw?
Force of habit.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
13-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Whats the draw?
survivorfan Wrote:Force of habit.

I think this is my reason too. For so many years i have logged onto the computer and come in here ....... its hard to change the habit.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whats everyone doing today? Cat 314 9,816 29-11-2006 01:08 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Whats his name? J.J. 3 535 09-02-2006 12:17 PM
Last Post: J.J.
  Whats your favourite Time? Cat 36 2,021 20-05-2005 07:16 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Whats your favourite crisp flavour? Cat 27 2,160 20-05-2005 06:56 PM