Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the board is not enough....
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM

Prompted by Blink's stalking of Tially thread!! (j/k Blinky!)

Do you ever feel that the contact you have with board members via the forums/pm/chat is not enough and do you swap telephone numbers with people on the board who you don't visit, just to enhance your board experience?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I like meeting new people and so I tend to go to the meets as and when I can make them.

However, that said, I wouldn't give my phone number to just anyone or even my e-mail for that matter and I don't share everything about me...although my heart is often on my sleeve there is still stuff that I will never say here.

I think I would be just as happy around here if I hadn't met anyone as I am now that I have.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-10-2005, 04:48 PM
No.

This is what I like about here....take it or leave it when you want.

I have swopped numbers with a few out of necessity - needed to know where Coastie lived and thought it would be polite to ring her before I turned up on her door step.

I hate the friggin phone anyway, you can't just put it down like you can switch off here.

Just here suits me fine.
10-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Noone on here knows my home number (I dont know it myself !!!).

Only one person here has my mobile number - and thats Groucho.

I hate talking on the phone, so i wouldnt like people to call me of an evening when its my family time.

I would rather come on here to 'chat' when i feel like it.

Anti social - moi :unsure:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
10-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Like Bonny, I enjoy being able to come on the board for a natter, but I like being able to switch off whenever I want. The board and its members only interupts my every day life if I want it to and then only for as long as I want it to. Sorry that sounds so selfish.

Sometimes I find it hard to give online friends the sort of dedication they deserve (apologies if I owe anyone an email - I'm hopeless), and I'm not much better in RL, so probably best that it stays that way Smile
10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Several people have my phone number, but I only gave it because I knew they wouldn't abuse it. Similarly I have a few numbers and would only use them if/when a meet was planned.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How important is your secrecy regarding the board? Dolores 29 2,349 10-10-2005 10:18 AM
Last Post: Nox