Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Is It Filmed?
22-11-2004, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2004 06:45 AM by ring peace.)
Where Is It Filmed?

can anyone tell me where its filmed ,i dont mean australia or queensland i mean where ,im up that neck of the woods at the mo :wave:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Where Is It Filmed?
Dungay Creek, Murwillumbah.

http://www.survivor-online.co.uk/celeb/i...ation4.php

There is lots of security, so I doubt you will get anywhere near it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Where Is It Filmed?
taipan is 3rd deadliest ,its not rain forest and dingos dont live in forests oh and carpet snakes are harmless unless you let them slide round your neck and cuddle you! and funnel web spiders have only killed 2 people in recorded history. oh and for the record the only rain forest in australia is in the far north round cairns.other than that its correct , no wonder the aussies are laffing their ***** off at us. fruit bats are cute cuddly things that would go near you with a barge pole, the last thing they are is dangerous .....really
22-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Where Is It Filmed?
Hiya ring peace and welcome to SO.

I was reading a newspaper article a while ago, that was basically saying the same thing. The funnel web spiders aren't as dangerous as made out and basically the whole jungle isn't as dangerous a place as they are making out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Where Is It Filmed?
but the thing is ,its not the jungle , its a forest in south of brisbane there is no jungle!
the only heritage listed rain forest in oz is the one in cairns which sweeps up and over the great northern devide.
honestly i live there now ,im from cheshire , but the ozzys think its hillarious what is said about it, they look for any little thing to ridicule england for ,this is great ammo for them, the worst you can do where they are is slip and break your neck!
23-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Where Is It Filmed?
Hiya ring peace,

no worries, mate. The Aussies are a macho society and they like to believe their own press. It suits them to focus on the ridiculous aspects of the show, such as the true nature of the environment, because by showing how soft other people are they can prove to themselves how hard they are in comparison.

But all this misses the point of the show. It's not about survival. It's about taking a mismatched group of minor celebs out of their comfort zone, placing them in a strange environment, building the tension by artificial means, and watching them squirm. And making them squirm!

It's not about physical danger - it's about psychological stress. Military services and corporate management trainers have been doing it for years. This show simply takes that concept and makes it sexy by using famous people as the subjects.

And it's a huge commercial success for the local economy, too. But you wouldn't expect the Crocodile Dundees to focus on that aspect, would you? I've got some great Aussie mates, ring peace, but you have to take their macho crap with a pinch of salt. :wink2: