Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you watch?
27-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Where do you watch?

Just wondered where everyone watches the football.

Except for the last game, I've been going down to my local football club. They have a bar and a huge screen. Great fun... especially when my little sister works behind the bar! :w00t:

Looking forward to Saturday. :good:

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Where do you watch?
So far, all at home. At least you can see the TV and hear the commentary and don't miss anything by going to the bar.
Find all posts by this user
27-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Where do you watch?
Always watch it at home. No queue for the bar and no mad rush for the toilet at half time. Food is pretty good as well
27-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Where do you watch?
Ive been going to the officers club which is right next door to my house. They have a massive plasma screen, and not many people go so you can easily see and hear whats happening.

Also - the beer is cheap Blush

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
27-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Where do you watch?
I haven't watched much - but the matches I've watched I've watched at home.

I did watch the Mexico - Argentina game - brilliant!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
28-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Where do you watch?
I've been lucky as the only bits of the world cup I have seen have been at home...on the sports section of the news bulletins.Yay..I really thought I would have to keep out of the pub until after 9th of July...but a lot of places are not really showing them.I threw my eye at the screen for some of a Poland match, and for bits n' bobs of an Italy match...but that's it.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
28-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Where do you watch?
Patsy Wrote:So far, all at home. At least you can see the TV and hear the commentary and don't miss anything by going to the bar.

...two-shay! :tv_happy: <--- i'm laughing at England here...(you can't do that in the pub...:nono: )

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
28-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Where do you watch?
Rob Wrote:I did watch the Mexico - Argentina game - brilliant!!

yeah, that was a belter! :sick: <--- the poor Mexicans looked a bit like this though after the game...tcha tcha...you had to feel for them.

:confused: <--- but they did themselves really proud, as they had the Argies looking something a bit similar to this throughout the entire 90.

:surrender: <--- and i just hope England aren't doing this against the Portugese this Sat'dy...

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
28-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Where do you watch?
Since Italia 90 I have watched Euro and World Cup games in the pub, Im not in a position to go to the pub and watch this time as I think I would be a health and safety hazzard in the dodgy boozers I frequent :glare:

I am now going to admit to all that I havent watched a single England game yet - I missed the 1st 2 games cos of commitments, and have now decided they will do better if I DONT watch as I must be the jix :laugh: and because I am a superstitious old witch, I am saving myself for the final!!!!

So I sit in the garden and Mum keeps me informed of what is happeningHuh

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
28-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Where do you watch?
[QUOTE=Woodstock:tv_happy: <--- i'm laughing at England here...(you can't do that in the pub...:nono: )[/quote]

Wanna bet !!!

My dozy husband has done a really silly thing. He has planned a family BBQ for THIS SATURDAY starting at midday. We are going to miss the footy :cry:

We will record it, but we will know what happens by the cheers that are bound to go up from the club next door :glare:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me