Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who ???
20-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Who ???

I think im getting old Huh .

5 years ago i used to know nearly every popular band in the UK. I had a lot of new albums and i would send a fortune monthly on buying the latest CD's.

Now i have completely lost touch.

I dont watch Top of The Pops (although its finished now isnt it) and i dont listen to the radio. The only way i tend to catch new songs is when they are on MTV / Sky music, but to be honest we tend to watch the ones showing 'top 100 80's songs'.

I have seen many bands mentioned like Razorlight, Muse etc .... but i dont think i know any of their songs (or if i do, i wouldnt know its them that sung it). I really need to buy some new tunes - but who ?

I really feel im stuck in a rut. The last three CD's i bought (and dont laugh) are the Sissor Sisters (love it), Bon Jovi (cos i want his babies) and James Blunt (music to slit your wrists too). I tend to keep buying compilation albums featuring music i still know and recognise like 80s / 90s stuff.

My friend gave me a CD the other day by Kaiser Chiefs and i still havent played it. Is it any good ? I have seen an advert recently for the Zutons on telly, and that sounds OK - but i dont want to waste my money only liking 1-2 songs.

Am i alone ? Is it because i dont have kids keeping me up to date on this stuff.

I need help .... quick.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Who ???
The only way I stay in touch is by listening to Chris Moyles on my way in to work in the morning. Many of the new bands merge into one for me, but every now and then something/someone interesting pops up. I have bought a couple of new CDs recently, but don't listen to them with the voracity I would have done when I was younger.
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Who ???
Im still a Radio 1 listener, from Moylesie in the morning, then Jo Whiley, Colin and Edith and finally Scott Mills - he is on between 4 and 6 and is very very funny - although he isnt on this week cos he has been covering the breakfast show.........

I also listen to Vernon Kay and Sarah Cox at the weekend........

Its the only way Bonnie, and that way you get to keep up with it all, and there is some great talent about at the moment........ :applause:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
21-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Who ???
Yep it means getting old. When I was in my teens/twenties I could have told you what song was at every number in the Top 20. Now I dont even know (or care) what is No 1!!
22-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Who ???
I've only got your old address Bonnie - if you pm me your new one i will burn you a few cd's this weekend and post them to you.Smile

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
25-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Who ???
You should recieve two albums today Bonnie.
I used some pre paid envelopes from an old company of mine - so let me know they got there and i'll send some more then.
They are all contemporary albums, and you will either like them or not.
I can do you a mixture of any tracks you like further down the line.Smile

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
26-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Who ???
thank you Secrets - they arrived this morning. Hugely appreciate you going to the effort for me. :good:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
26-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Who ???
Bonnie I am so with you on this one...my entire music collection these days is pretty much all compilations of best of bands from the 80's...I listen to Radio 2 so don't hear much of the new stuff and well the most modern artist I have in my collection is Jack Johnson cos I love his sound...I have a few modern compilations but as much as I like some of the songs I couldn't for the life of me tell you who sung them! Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
27-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Who ???
jaysus bons - wait 'til you hit 45!!:laugh:

me 'n urk have made a deal - he takes care of back catalogue stuff [re-releases , replacing vinyl, lost records, stolen albums etc] and for every one he buys I get a top 20-ish CD.

Haven't bought many bombs yet, and it does keep you current...

for an auld wan......

bam bam