Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you like.
10-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Who do you like.

Without listening to the album first how do you decide if a band is your taste?
I find it easy to pick books that will interest me, but risking money on say a new album/band more difficult.
Someone found this, and i like it.
From my own tastes it seems fairly accurate.
Give it a whirl.
http://www.last.fm/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Who do you like.
I guess I am what you call an "impulse" buyer............

I got The Doves on the back of "Black and White Town" and Kasabian on the back of "Club Foot"

In fact, apart from the CD's that have been purchased to replace vinyl, every other CD I have bought for the last 25 years, has been for one track and then I play the CD to death till I know it off by heart then it gets stashed with the rest of them....and there are hundreds and they HAVE to be the "originals"......

I think its safe to say I am anal about my music too Blush

I have (so far :ninja: ) refrained from storing it in alphabetical order - its stored in decades now - with the cool and hip current at the top, down to the 70's, with the dodgy 80's pop and glam rock shoved in a box in the wardrobe where no-one can discover my bad taste :w00t:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
13-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Who do you like.
Isis Wrote:..... down to the 70's, with the dodgy 80's pop and glam rock shoved in a box in the wardrobe where no-one can discover my bad taste :w00t:

Let's hope nobody reads this then!!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Who do you like.
There are certain people I'm going to buy b/c I love their music. Sometimes I listen to this friend of mines cds b/c he buys about the same taste as me and decide. A lot of times I am stuck with a cd I only like one song on and then that stinks. :ranting:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure: