Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who don't you get.........
20-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Reading on the Book threads, there a few people who don't get the Harry Potter hype, on the Film thread there are a few who don't Kevin Costner and on the music there are a few who don't Robbie Williams, Pink Floyd and the list goes on and on, so who is always in the media or bringing out hit singles that appear to a huge hit with everyone.......well everyone apart from you, that. Who or what is that you don't get?

For me I don't get

Colin Farrell - he is one ugly Irish git!

Kevin Costner - can't act, can't direct, can't produce, which makes me wonder what on he did do to get all those oscars?!!

David Bowie - sorry to all you hardened Bowie fans but I do not see the appeal.....at all! I do not see the sex appeal, can't stand his singing and thought the whole Ziggy Stardust thingy was just weird!

Jennifer Lopez - can't act, can't sing, gets married too often but other than thought, nah just don't get her!

Mariah Carey - how on earth did someone who warbles as much as she does become one of the highest sellers of hits (apart from the Beatles)!! How on earth did she do it?

Celine Dion - another warbler who just does not do it for me.

And there are more but that lot above are just for starters........anyone care to add to the list........ :w00t:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2005, 01:30 PM
I have never read or had any desire to read Harry Potter nor have I bothered with any of the films....just sooo not my cup of tea...

I was extermely bored of the rings and although I could appreciate the immensity of what Jackson achieved to me the films were cack....to long and boring...but then I am not into out and out wizardry fantasy stuff so maybe that explains it! :glare:

Leonado Di Caprio - don't get it...cack, cack and even more cack...

Jonny Depp....good actor yes but sexy :sick:

So with you on the Celine Dion, Mirach Carey - cack!

I also really, really do not like Abba...think that the Beatles & Elvis are over rated....and I do not get dance music and the repeatative bass thing at all! :bag:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Russell Crowe. :devil:
20-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I really dont get Colin Farrell

Or Abi Titmiss

Or 50 cent

Or Jodie Marsh

Science Fiction mostly I dont get

DIY excitement or gardening (because I am crap)

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I don't get - most of the above, plus

Royalty
Babies
Big Brother
Marks and Spencer
BMWs
Silver for a car colour
Tom Cruise
Matt Damon
Charlotte Church
Cliff Richard
Delia Smith
Dawn French
All those people who voted for George Bush
Sushi

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
20-07-2005, 05:47 PM
The strange attraction some men have for Nicole Kidman - she looks like a giraffe.

Jim Davidson - charmless, unfunny and so past his sell by date.

Freddie Starr - (please see Jim Davidson)

Leather trousers on men - vile, vile, vile

The smell of Christian Dior's Poison - its like fly spray, but worse.

Robbie Williams - horribly smug, moody & full of himself, seems to now think that entertaining us consists of him walking up and down the stage nodding his head smugly while holding out a microphone for the audience to sing. No Robbie - some people have paid £60 to see you - you give it a go, eh?

Kate Lawler - all the charm of a fart in a lift, untalented, cant string two words together, has teeth like a rat and the most irritating voice Ive ever heard.

Victoria Beckham - tells lies, pretends her marriage is solid, diets and barely eats and then is interviewed and complains about how scrawny she is, never looks happy and is photographed/papped in such obviously posed positions with David thats its almost laughable (the pics are always taken by Jason Fraser, thats cos they tip him off......:photo: ); Victoria cant sing but wont take the hint. Her only talent appears to be for avoiding food.

McDonalds Hamburgers - the burgers taste like cardboard. At least Burger Kings taste like meat AND you get piles of fresh salad with it, rather than a limp piece of lettuce and the gherkin that everyone chucks....

Westerns - I hate these films with a vengeance.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
20-07-2005, 06:24 PM
maxine Wrote:Russell Crowe. :devil:

:boxing: Moo bag!

Pan - leather trousers on anyone really....I just can't help but wonder how they wash them after their sweaty bits have rubbed around the inside.. :sick:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Coastie Wrote:cack...

Jonny Depp....good actor yes but sexy :sick:

I also really, really do not like Abba...think that the Beatles & Elvis are over rated....and I do not get dance music and the repeatative bass thing at all! :bag:

Oh, Coastie and I thought you had such good taste in men but not seeing that Johnny Depp is sexy...........I am gobsmacked! I admit that he doesn't look all that sexy as Willy Wonka but when he just himself he is just gorgeous! Vanessa of Joe-la Taxi fame is one very lucky lady!

Agree with The Beatles, I do like a couple of their songs but not worth the hype they still have.

Agreed Pan re Jim Davidson, past his sell by date was he ever ripe in the first place. Agreed re Freddie Starr, never ever could understand the hamster fetish. And on that note, Les Dawson, Dick Emery and Benny Hill - what were they about?

Also Dad's Army and Porridge - so NOT funny!! The Family -at least I think that what it was called, the one with whathisname, he plays a dentist. Another British comedy that was crap! :pooh:

20-07-2005, 08:11 PM
My Family, Bella - now that I do get. It would be the perfect sitcom if it weren't missing...

this....

[Image: depp02.jpg]

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
21-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Fee For All Wrote:My Family, Bella - now that I do get. It would be the perfect sitcom if it weren't missing...

this....

[Image: depp02.jpg]

All I see is a red box, Fee. I am so glad that you get your family, I am still trying to suss mine out! Wink :laugh: