Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Body Shop queen of the mb?
14-11-2004, 10:19 PM

I've been invited to yet ANOTHER body shop party tomorrow night. I'm going cos my mate who I havent seen for ages has asked me to go and she's such a good laugh that I've decided I will go along.

So far this year I have been invited to FIVE body shop parties (all from a wide spectrum of friends so it's not just one body shop party that has spawend another) Tomorrow's is the first one I'm actually going to, although I do intend to go to another one at the end of Nov as that mate likes a drop or two of vino so it should just be a wine drinking session.

How many body shop parties have you been to/been asked to go to?

Are they the new Tupperware party?

These days in-house selling parties are all the rage - what other ones has anyone been invited to? Any unusual ones?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Body shop parties have gone fairly quite around here at the moment.
But last year just before Xmas I was invited to loads. There's only so many presents you can buy from one shop.

Another one is the Virgin company. One of the mums has one every year at this time. This year she actually had it over 2 days:ohmy: an open house kind of thing. I actually genuinely forgot. Good thing really, because the virgin stuff is quite expensive.
Funny thing is, going to her party last year I remember the rep saying that the products are really good and last for ages. Good I thought, I won't need to come to another party for a while then.:laugh:
14-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I haven't been to any Body Shop parties this year although I do think there was one. Personally I would rather go into the shop and have a mouch around than go to one of these parties.

I have been invited to a couple of candle parties and a couple of cooking utensil parties but I find everything is far to expensive for me so I tend not to go as I always feel obliged to buy something.
14-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I know what you mean ils about feeling obliged to buy something.
And don't you hate it when the rep says "who would like to have a party next, tonights host will get a free gift if two parties are booked"
14-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes - and that is one of the main reasons I tend to avoid them as much as possible.
14-11-2004, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2004 11:26 PM by Flip.)
I have got a Virgin Vie invite on my board as I type. And I am very torn, I have no intention of buying a thing - although they do a lush eyeliner - but the girl having it said she would sell my cookbooks if I go and take a few along!! Dilemma.

I went to a Bodyshop one last year and ended up spending a stupid amount of money of teeny weeny ball eyeshadows in so many colours - I still have about 3 unopened!!

The candle one always intriques me - is it just candles??

And I blinkin well wish I would be invited to a Tupperware one - I have gone plastic mad - I now put allsorts in tupperware boxes - I love em!!!
14-11-2004, 11:53 PM
I've just been googling Tupperware and the parties have finished now.

But e-bay have loads of stuff on sale, and I've just bought 4 bowls with lids for £2.20.
I think a new addiction has been formedSmile
15-11-2004, 12:29 AM
I've been invited to 3 bodyshop parties this year, very nearly made the last one, but didnt. I would like to go a wicker basket party.
15-11-2004, 08:12 AM
I tend not to go to any of these parties either. I went to a Pampered Chef one a few months ago, only because a good friend gave it, otherwise I avoid. The candle parties seem quite popular round here at the moment and I really would like to be invited to one of those, as I adore candles. :wub:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
15-11-2004, 08:19 AM
I haven't been invited to any Body Shop parties - ever!

Virgin Vie seems to be the thing where I live and I've been to a couple of those but find them overpriced. You can get products which are just as good and half the price in Boots.

There used to be a few Dorling Kindersley book parties here a few years ago. I even dabbled as a seller myself, but it just wasn't me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Queen or Dictator? floopy 50 1,791 31-05-2005 02:40 PM
Last Post: Buzz
  The BETTING SHOP Cockney 8 599 25-02-2005 07:31 PM
Last Post: floopy
  Help needed finding shop Bonsai 15 1,074 10-11-2004 03:29 PM
Last Post: Scooby