Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the most VAIN contender???
28-11-2004, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2004 09:32 PM by claire.)

I was watching live on ITV2.... Sophie says to Nancy "Well there is no other underwear model as famous as me! Of course I will help you" I think Nancy had asked her for some help re modelling or something.

Then yesterday she says "I sold twice as many bras as Sheila sold records and they cost much more money" or something to that effect.... I thought... Did you really sell the bra's? No darling you didn't, you just modelled some of them. Sheila actually made the songs, sang them and people bought them because of her! I don't buy bra's because of who models them, thats for sure

Makes me laugh!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2004, 09:40 PM
She irritates the hell out of me ... she has no insight whatsoever, and she's not as clever as she thinks. I heard both the comments you mentioned Claire and I can understand why the group sometimes don't have time for her. She is the insecure, jealous one. but I fear she is building a fan base:blink:

p.s. I'm not jealous of Sophie's looks .. I like Nancy who I also think is beautiful.
28-11-2004, 10:56 PM
I like her one minute then I don't, she is quite pretty but personality shines through. im sure she has a fan base, men love women don't they and they don't have to be stunning. my husband doesn't see my physical fualts - males for you. i am finding her a little more devious like all the kisses and everything she gives to natalie, then she says "Oh I suppose we are going to have all the crying etc when Natalie gets back from her trial"
28-11-2004, 11:13 PM
exactly ... she wants all the attention that Nat is getting from the group.
29-11-2004, 12:44 AM
I hate the way she keeps looking at the camera and posing. She has some weird facial expressions too, which remind me of Karen in Coronation Street. I think someone already said that it is like she is "gurning" Smile
29-11-2004, 03:33 AM
To be fair the girl is a recovering cocaine addict by all accounts .
She has been a model since 15 so is it really surprising she is self-obsessed ?

She does go on about herself far too much though i must agree but at least she went in there to have a go . Someone will have to tell me why Nat is there coz it aint obvious .
29-11-2004, 07:18 AM
To be honest, they ALL have to be a little vain to be celebrities. I think they're all self-obsessed, they just deal with it in different ways.
But for pure vanity, it must be Sophie, she appears to have make-up on when in the Bush Telelgraph, or is it just me?
29-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Course she has make up on... she just does it naturally most of the time.

1 question... Did she have to take her bikini top off when she did the modelling thing the other night??

1 thing that made me laugh.... She seemed to have her knickers sticking out "on purpose - by mistake" .... so Sheila says to her "Sophie your trousers have come down at the back" i laughed, she had to pull them up!!
29-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Sophie, most definitely Sophie!
29-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Sophie is my personal favourite, so I may sound biased when I say this, but I would certainly not call her vain.
Maybe she is a little self-obsessed, but she's a model, what do you expect? At least she's got something to be proud of. She's a very attractive woman. In my opinion, she deserves to be proud of the way she looks, because even when she's stuck in the middle of the jungle she looks stunning. What I don't get is that the men are allowed to walk around topless, exposing their flabby bellies (which we'd really rather not see, thank you), but when a gorgeous woman like Sophie walks around in a bikini (what else is she supposed to wear while bathing? A scarf and mittens?), heads turn, eyebrows are raised, and she gets accused of being 'vain'. It's not like she asked to be filmed.
She does like attention, yes, but then, don't we all?