Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Vic?
30-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Why Vic?

I am baffled by the British public , why did Vic get voted out instead of old toad face Huggy? : Vic has been devising games and generally keeping himself occupied , all Huggy does is sit there twiddling sticks and looking down between his legs .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Why Vic?
I imagine it's because most people only watch the highlight show, including me, in which we've hardly seen him do anything.

On his exit, the other contestants said he was funny, but we never saw it. You can get a good idea of how they came across from their 'highlights' video which in Vic's case was exceedingly dull.

I thought he might have had more of a fan base than he apparently does. I guess even his fans must have been bored by him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Why Vic?
I agree with Tommydonkey, Vic was the one who was actually thinking of things to do.
30-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Why Vic?
Was it a co-incidence that he had said he would probably walk out that night anyway? I think maybe not. I am still very sceptical about whether the public votes mean anything at all. It wouldn't look too good if yet another celeb walked out now would it? :wink2:
30-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Why Vic?
Critique Wrote:Was it a co-incidence that he had said he would probably walk out that night anyway? I think maybe not. I am still very sceptical about whether the public votes mean anything at all. It wouldn't look too good if yet another celeb walked out now would it? :wink2:

VERY good point Critique, most people, even on the texts last night wanted either Huggy or Sheila out, and that, along with the views here proves to me that things are being rigged just a tad! :sad:
01-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Why Vic?
Critique Wrote:Was it a co-incidence that he had said he would probably walk out that night anyway? I think maybe not. I am still very sceptical about whether the public votes mean anything at all. It wouldn't look too good if yet another celeb walked out now would it? :wink2:
I have to admit that thought did occur to me Critique! But in the end I think it was just complete apathy towards Jim that made people not dial him. He was playing the old "Don't vote for me cos i want to go" card to the hilt and I would have hoped for better from him than that. Oh well, I'm glad he's gone.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
01-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Why Vic?
I still maintain it has a LOT to do with the sneaky way he joined the prog and the way Nance went along with it. Many people seemed to find that somewhat underhand so it was always gonna be an uphill struggle for Vic.

I didn't see the highlights as usual... but, yeah, based on the way he came across in the live feed, he was certainly more entertaining than many of the others.

Another possibility. It's probably fair to say that Vic's more "A-list" than the other celebs*. You know how we Brits are regarding underdogs.. perhaps there was an element of people wanting to (to paraphrase Sheila) "put the smug Star in his place".

*With regard to "Star status"... how on earth did Huggy end up among them? The guy is STILL in demand for character parts in movies and big stage productions. He certainly doesn't need the exposure this Brit show will afford him. Does anyone know how he got there? Did ITV contact him or did he just decide he wanted to do it for mystery Huggy reasons?
01-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Why Vic?
Well put Repetition, this is exactly why I wanted Vic to go. I am a big fan of his usually, but didn't like the way he entered, didn't like the fact that Nancy kept a secret and didn't like a married couple. It hadn't occured to me about the underdog theory, but now you have mentioned I do believe you are right.

You can repeat that again my boy/girl ?
01-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Why Vic?
But people were voting for their favourite, not who they wanted out. If we were voting the other way then I'm sure Sheila or Huggy would have been out. But voting for favourites, Vic hadn't been in their long enough, and he hadn't been shown much, so I'm not surprised he went.
01-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Why Vic?
Repetition, repetition, your comments are interesting as I read that Huggy's career has been in some what of a wilderness of late. I was surprised to see Janet Street Porter on it as she seems to be still about. As for Shiela I cant believe she really believes she can rekindle her career, every dog has its day, she is 57, she even makes Rowetta seem young!!!