Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people have to beg?
05-09-2005, 10:17 AM

Why on earth do people make shows of themselves by begging the judges when they dont get through. Do they have any pride or dignity? I find it totally extruciating!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Because it's their dream and probably their only hope of success, albeit pie-in-the-sky, and they're desperate. Desperate people do desperate things. I can understand that.

What I don't understand is why the judges make a decision that someone is not good enough, then change their minds when they beg. Have they suddenly improved? I can only assume that it may have been a borderline decision and the "begging" might be some indication of their future commitment.
05-09-2005, 11:55 AM
MariaRob Wrote:Why on earth do people make shows of themselves by begging the judges when they dont get through. Do they have any pride or dignity? I find it totally extruciating!

Because it sometimes works & cos Sharon Osbourne is a soft touch!

Bollox to potplants
05-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I know, the begging is shamful, but as floopy says, Sharon often gives in.

I think it would only be with someone who is borderline though, and I guess in the judges minds they can get rid of them in the next round.

But how can some of them be so deluded, thinking they can sing and be the next big thing.
I know I can't sing but I can sure as damn it sing a lot better than some of those in the auditions.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Andrea Wrote:But how can some of them be so deluded, thinking they can sing and be the next big thing.
I know I can't sing but I can sure as damn it sing a lot better than some of those in the auditions.

Its usually the most unattractive with the least talent who seem to be bragging that it is they that have the "X factor". I am sure they are a couple of cards short of the pack.
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
The thing is if you have to beg you'll only get booted out in the next round.

The person I felt sorry for was the young girl who murdered the Whitney Houston song - Louis Walsh was extremely harsh on her but really she wasn't good was she? She has been put on a huge pedestal by her pushy mum - there was her mum bragging that she went to stage school, that she had the X-factor or rather that her daughter was the X-factor! It was embarrassing, the poor girl did not have one jot of the X-factor about her and I bet she absolutely hates stage school. She was as nervous as anything and her nerves have been shot to shreds after Louis's scathing attack on her.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Bella Wrote:The thing is if you have to beg you'll only get booted out in the next round.

The person I felt sorry for was the young girl who murdered the Whitney Houston song - Louis Walsh was extremely harsh on her but really she wasn't good was she? She has been put on a huge pedestal by her pushy mum - there was her mum bragging that she went to stage school, that she had the X-factor or rather that her daughter was the X-factor! It was embarrassing, the poor girl did not have one jot of the X-factor about her and I bet she absolutely hates stage school. She was as nervous as anything and her nerves have been shot to shreds after Louis's scathing attack on her.

She was terrible wasn't she?
I think her mother has been a lot crueller to her than Louis by telling her she talented when she quite clearly isn't.

My singing to my own ears sounds fantastic - however, since a young age other people have made me aware that it hurts their ears so I'm under no illusion that I can sing. I sing for myself and I enjoy it - but I'd never humiliate myself by going on TV expecting to win a competition.
I can't understand these families that tell their kids they have great voices when they can't sing a note...in the long run it's doing them no favours at all because sooner or later someone will tell them they are crap....and it'll be much more upsetting than if they'd known that in the first place!
05-09-2005, 03:37 PM
It is very embarrassing when they beg!

But I suppose if you have always been told by friends and family that you have a fantastic voice and you have the 'X Factor' it must come as a huge shock when the judges say you are crap.
05-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Apparently the contestants are all weeded out before they get through. The only ones who get to perform in front of the judges are those with talent, or who are viewed as being 'good television'.

At the pre-auditions, they are hyped up and told how great they are etc etc - hence the shock when the judges say otherwise.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Fee For All Wrote:At the pre-auditions, they are hyped up and told how great they are etc etc - hence the shock when the judges say otherwise.
That's just cruel.

:w00t: