Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife Swap
20-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Wife Swap

Anyone watch last night?

I started off disliking the blonde wife (can't remember names, sorry) but ended up quite admiring her. Her husband was a controlling pig but at least he did recognise that he needed to change when they all met up.

I couldn't believe it when the 3 year old told the farmer to 'p!ss off' and didn't even get told off.

There didn't seem to be much romance of passion in either relationship.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Wife Swap
Wasn't the Town guy (one with blonde wife) a complete and utter loser! What a horrible man! I didn't have much respect for his wife either, she maybe had a point about relaxing a bit, but if you run a business like that she had no appreciation that you have to work it around things that simply have to be done. You can't simply choose when to feed the animals for example. But she seemed to get it in the end when she said she was leaving a fairy-tale and going back to a nightmare! (ie her husband)

Chances of that marriage working? Very small I would say. Surprised it made it this far, although it seemed more her weakness from leaving him than anything else.

The country couple were a lot nicer, and for all their faults (which seemed to just register in the normal range) they seemed to be able to communicate well, look for and embrace change, and I think they were just a very nice couple. They on the other hand seem to have a good relationship, and hard to see that one NOT working longer term.

Just one thing....isn't it illegal to use drugs? I understand pot use is sort of tolerated, but openly smoking it on tv and arguing about the treatment of one's stash etc...wouldn't the police be around to ask where he got it from at least? ie, who's your dealer...as whoever sells it to him IS breaking a law.

It made it look like pot smoking was no different than smoking normal cigarettes, and last I looked, you couldn't get pot in Tesco.
27-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Wife Swap
Woo, powerful one last night!

The bikers pretty much went unchanged, but the couple manic with obsessive cleaning were almost a worry at the end. The woman didn't even want to see her husband again! That family got changed on their head or what!

Then we see at the end she has a tattoo with her biker name, barbecue with the biker club, kids actually have friends, hubby starting to get the plot even.

What an incredible change. They needed it though - 15 hours a day cleaning!? Cleaning at 2.00am in the morning having cleaned all day! Vacuuming 6 times a day! Kids isolated from society. Boy, that family had problems. Good luck to them now!
27-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Wife Swap
Yep - that one last night was full of surprises wasn't it. I didn't think the blonde one faced with the bikers would survive, let alone enjoy it and have doubts about going home.

And the biker mum getting the kids at least interested in going back to college.

They had them on E4 afterwards talking about the experience and they all seemed to have gained something out of it.
13-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Wife Swap
"TV Wife Swap scrounger Lizzie Bardsley has split with her husband Mark after a series of rows."

"Earlier this year a court ordered Lizzie to repay £5,000 in benefits after she failed to declare her television show earnings." - Good!

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid..._page.html

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
13-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Wife Swap
Haydon Wrote:"TV Wife Swap scrounger Lizzie Bardsley has split with her husband Mark after a series of rows."

"Earlier this year a court ordered Lizzie to repay £5,000 in benefits after she failed to declare her television show earnings." - Good!

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid..._page.html

That's a shame - cos I really think they deserved each other :naughty:
13-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Wife Swap
Haydon Wrote:"Earlier this year a court ordered Lizzie to repay £5,000 in benefits after she failed to declare her television show earnings." l

See - the lord works in mysterious ways!!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

14-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Wife Swap
I cant stand Lizzie and couldnt believe that she was classed as a 'celebrity' on Celebrity Fit Club. Celebs standards have definately dropped havent they :unsure:

Oh well, i suppose there is a shred of light to this sad tale ..... she can probably claim more benefits now :shocking:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celebrity Fit Club/Wife Swap Lizzie Gets Her Come Uppance At Last ! Pandora 8 2,080 29-09-2005 04:34 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Wife Swap Nox 6 1,346 16-08-2005 07:52 PM
Last Post: Isis