Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimbledon 2006
26-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Wimbledon 2006

anyone for tennis?

I LOVE Wimbledon. Tennis is about the only game i really understand.

I shall be cheering the spanish chappie on this year Nader, I think his name is.

I went to Wimbledon once many moons ago and saw McEnroe play Mayotte back in the 1980s. I particularly remember it cos I "snotted" a bogey out on the back of the lady sat in front of me when I was snorting at something my auntie had said.[Image: 10_2_26.gif] Blush

[Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZSYYYYYYAXGB]

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Wimbledon 2006
Oh Dol, have you been on the happy juice ?

I have just laughed out loud at the 'snotting' incident, and i even read it out to Mr.B with tears rolling down my cheeks. Fabulous :w00t:

I have to admit that im not into Wimbledon. I have watched it on occasion - especially when Henman was playing and got 'near' the finals. But im not really interested in cheering on the foreign players.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
26-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Wimbledon 2006
I only want to know one thing...:eat:

...when are the Russian females on court??:good:

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Wimbledon 2006
Actually i don't mind a bit of the old strawberries 'n' cream lark every summer, but it's also World Cup year and priorities are priorities.

I'll try and watch some of the Federerererereerererer (i think there may be more 'er's in his name but anyway...) games and as many of the games involving female Russian pin-ups as i possibly can.

I love McEnroe and think he's doing a fine job as a commentator these days - keeps him out of trouble!

It's just a shame that the World Cup has 'advantage' in this particular head-to-head...Blush

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
27-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Wimbledon 2006
I'm off to Wimbledon today! I've never been before so I hope I find it OK. Thank goodness I didn't get tickets for yesterday. Unfortunately I've got Henman! Still Nadal and Roddick are on later.

I'm taking my son out of school for the day and I'm going to say he was sick. I know I'm a bad parent but I'm sure if I'd asked for the day they would've said no and I didn't want to take that risk.

I've got enough food to feed the 5 thousand...
27-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Wimbledon 2006
maxine Wrote:Unfortunately I've got Henman! ...

ah yes who else wants to join the "we don't like Tim" brigade? PJ are you on board again this year!!!! :w00t:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
27-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Wimbledon 2006
Dolores Wrote:ah yes who else wants to join the "we don't like Tim" brigade? PJ are you on board again this year!!!! :w00t:

It's not just "don't like Tim" I can't stand that petulant teenager Andy Murray, even though he is Scottish. He has a face like a squashed wasp and he really needs to control his temper.

I miss Agassi.........Blush

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
27-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Wimbledon 2006
Dol you are a scream!!!!!!! :w00t: (snotting on that ladys back) Well i do quite like Wimbledon, i like watching the men and their balls banging...................................................err against the net.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
27-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Wimbledon 2006
[Image: 003.jpg]

i hope Goran the sexy beast is playing this year, i have the hots for him.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
27-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Wimbledon 2006
maxine Wrote:I'm off to Wimbledon today! I've never been before so I hope I find it OK. Thank goodness I didn't get tickets for yesterday. Unfortunately I've got Henman! Still Nadal and Roddick are on later.

I'm taking my son out of school for the day and I'm going to say he was sick. I know I'm a bad parent but I'm sure if I'd asked for the day they would've said no and I didn't want to take that risk.

I've got enough food to feed the 5 thousand...

Wonder if Max being in the crowd is putting Tim off his stroke?:w00t: He is into his 5th set against some other bloke..........well, he'll be out next round even if he wins this one!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Premiership Season 2006/07 Woodstock 16 4,074 04-10-2006 05:08 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  The Championship Season 2006/2007 Andrea 3 1,584 02-09-2006 03:43 PM
Last Post: Flyo
  2006 World Cup draw Haydon_acc2 22 3,590 15-12-2005 01:58 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  Wimbledon! get your strawberries here! Dolores 76 7,256 26-06-2005 03:23 PM