Winter holidays...

So do you do winter holidays...if so...

Where do you go?
What do you do?

If not:

Would you like to?
What would you like to do?
Where would you like to go?

and all other winter holiday related stuff!

I have never really gone away on a proper winter holiday although I have been away for a month in February before now but that was to Uganda and it was hot...I am however contemplating the expense involved should I decide to go all out and travel to the Yukon next Feb for ten days to cover an extreme race upto the Artic circle...it will get to around -40 degrees, possibly less, and my biggest expense will be warm clothing! :cold:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Winter holidays...
Usually holiday in October, as it's quieter and usually cheaper, but have never gone skiing or penquin spotting or stuff like that. Tend to go to the canaries or north africa where it's still hot then..

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Winter holidays...
Haven't had one for a while, but we used to go away in February a lot, cos it was quiet season for Djs and karaoke. Usually the canaries for a week or so, but second last time we went away we came back with Gigi, and the last time we came back with Eddie, so we're too scared ****less to go away again Cool .

Bollox to potplants
31-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Winter holidays...
We are going to Gran Canaria in October for a week. Staying at the Gloria Palace Amadores, my son stayed there in July and recommended it so it had better be good.

I have been to Turkey in October and Tenerife in November, liked Turkey hated Tenerife.
01-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Winter holidays...
The only time I`ve been away in the winter was for my duaghters 21st and she wanted to go to Disneyland Paris in the middle of December. Was definelty the best time to go. The atmosphere was fantastic and it snowed (false) throughtout the day. There were no queues for any of the rides or shows. It was cold but we were well wrapped up and throughly enjoyed ourselves and if we went again if would be the same time of year.
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Winter holidays...
Have had Christmas in the Canaries before - that was good. Temperature averaged about 25 deg C so just perfect!

Have also sailed around the south coast of England in mid-December, but wouldn't recommend that unless you are totally barking (I think I must be!) :laugh:
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Winter holidays...
Not ever been abraod in the winter before, but we are going to Egypt next Feb for a week. (Got to be better than the holiday we have just endured) and we usually try and get a week in Centre Parcs in December.
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Winter holidays...
Has anyone ever spent Christmas abroad?

Mama Coastie and my Brother both have at some stage but I don't think I'd ever want to...:unsure:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
02-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Winter holidays...
Coastie Wrote:Has anyone ever spent Christmas abroad?

Mama Coastie and my Brother both have at some stage but I don't think I'd ever want to...:unsure:
Years ago I spent christmas in Australia with my friend who had moved there. It was totally different and I missed the atmosphere we have here. Swimming in the sea xmas morning was a first but to be honest I love christmas here
02-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Winter holidays...
I've been to Turkey in October but, although it was hot during the day, it got really chilly in the evening, and the pool was freezing!