Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work's worst scenarios
13-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Work's worst scenarios

Having just filled in my application form to do the Return to Nursing course, I have been googling just to update myself a little bit.

Well, I came across a site that explains a new job statement for the new pay roll scheme for nurses.
One of the factors is......

Quote:Working Conditions
Frequent upleasant; occasional/frequent highly unpleasant conditions.
Smell, noise, dust, body fluids, faeces, vomit, emptying bed pans and urinals, catheter bags.

:blink: Tell me again why I want to go back to this :laugh:

What is the worst part of your work/job?

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Work's worst scenarios
I'm quite lucky really, I like most aspects of my job. I am in residential lettings. I suppose the worst part is if I have to pick someone up and take them for an accompanied viewing (no car, too far from station, etc.). I hate having strangers in my car. For one thing, they could be any Manson/West/Shipman and then you have to make small talk with them.
Find all posts by this user
13-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Work's worst scenarios
I'm self employed and I find the worst part of my job is keeping up to date with the paperwork, and keeping the work rolling in.

And having a pants boss :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
13-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Work's worst scenarios
Shopping in Tescos every weekday as I have to be there by 8am. It's full of old age pensioners I call the incontinence brigade because I'm sure they get up for a wee and think they may as well go and do their shopping even though they have all day to do it in.
13-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Work's worst scenarios
Not forgetting the pleasure they take in clogging up the peak-time traffic as they slowly wend their way home...:mad2:

Oh the joys of West Sussex:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
13-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Work's worst scenarios
Andrea Wrote:Having just filled in my application form to do the Return to Nursing course, I have been googling just to update myself a little bit.

Well, I came across a site that explains a new job statement for the new pay roll scheme for nurses.
One of the factors is......

:blink: Tell me again why I want to go back to this :laugh:

What is the worst part of your work/job?

Hats off Andrea hun!!! I have always said nursing is a vocation and not a choice - you either can or can't. I have nothing but the utmost respect for nurses [and doctors] - the mere thought of poo and I run a million miles.

Proof: whilst a very young police officer, I decided to do voluntary work for Help the Aged. And one of our duties was to visit the very very eldery on Christmas day - so my sis [who I had roped into help] and I decided to go and see Sally a very elderly lady on Xmas morning. We arrived at about 11 am and planned to spend an hour with her, prepare her lunch, give her a pressie and chat with her.

But when we got there I knew something was amiss - she had pooed her pants. She was mortified and tried to disguise the fact by not moving. So my sis whispered to me that we couldn't leave her like this - so encouraged me to take her upstairs to sort her out. [I knew Sally better than my sis].

Well I finally managed to get her from her chair to the stairs and I managed 2 steps before I chucked up in a royal fashion - Sally was beyond mortification, but thank the lord for my sis - who not only sorted her out she sorted me out too!!!

We left Sally clean, fed and much much happier, I like to think. But that ended any thought of me being good around poo!

So Andrea - you are made of sterner stuff and the bestest of luck with the job applications - you've got it made!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

14-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Work's worst scenarios
lol, Andrea. My mother is a nurse and I'm always amazed at her ability to just clean up all the dog's vomit, poo, or whatever with no second thoughts about it, and I won't even be in the same room if I see it. lol.

I don't think I could handle that aspect of nursing. Blood I have no problem with, but any other bodily functions just make me ill.
14-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Work's worst scenarios
mazwad Wrote:Shopping in Tescos every weekday as I have to be there by 8am. It's full of old age pensioners I call the incontinence brigade because I'm sure they get up for a wee and think they may as well go and do their shopping even though they have all day to do it in.

I don't know, you introduce your sis-in-law to a brill Group and then all she does is insult you :cry:

fee Wrote:Not forgetting the pleasure they take in clogging up the peak-time traffic as they slowly wend their way home...

Oh the joys of West Sussex

And I thought you were my friend :cry:
14-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Work's worst scenarios
Critique Wrote:I don't know, you introduce your sis-in-law to a brill Group and then all she does is insult you :cry:

And I thought you were my friend :cry:

Help the Aged was last week's charity :laugh:

(Anyway, I see we are both suffering from old lady insomnia - any more nonsense from you and I'll pm you and tell you all about 'me operation' !!)

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
14-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Work's worst scenarios
I'm actually quite good with poo.

I used to work in a home for adults with learning difficulties which involved bathing and cleaning. On one weekend night shift a nasty tummy bug was doing the rounds and I was woken by Ian, 40 year old downs chap banging on my door. He was covered head to toe in poo - unabashed I put him in the shower washed him down, dressed him and changed his bedding, then lay with him holding his hand till he went back to sleep.

All in a nights work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  After work drinks lead to sex Haydon_acc2 9 2,141 26-11-2007 10:22 AM
Last Post: Slipper
  Internet usage policy at work Dolores 8 1,502 08-06-2007 07:31 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Work Stuff... Coastie 11 2,186 02-02-2007 02:14 PM
Last Post: Cockney
  All work and no play,no no no. Northern angel 8 1,486 07-08-2006 10:14 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  How does sunscreen work? survivorfan 8 1,737 03-07-2006 08:13 AM
Last Post: Blink
  Work Colleagues / Friend Moans Bonsai 48 3,679 03-07-2006 02:25 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  work sucks kookycat 5 1,041 28-05-2006 03:01 PM
Last Post: kookycat
  Worst thing ever eaten Bonsai 51 3,681 28-08-2005 08:38 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  Worst Words jaycee 14 1,858 31-07-2005 08:49 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  What's the Worst Unintentional Insult You Could Receive? Ceridwen 86 5,236 25-05-2005 08:01 PM
Last Post: Nox