Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working over Christmas
23-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Working over Christmas

is anyone working over the Christmas and New Year period?

I've finished work now and don't have to go back until 3rd Jan!! Yippee!

But I was wondering what time anyone else had off over Christmas? Anyone unlucky enough to be working Christmas eve? or even worse Christmas Day?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Working over Christmas
No, definitely NOT working over Christmas, not even if I get offered triple time and time off, no chance no way. God I need a rest
23-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Working over Christmas
Hubby got off last Sunday at noon and doesn't go back till Jan. 5, 2006. He works a 12 hour day weekend shift. Four days one week (Th-Sun) and three days the next week (Fri-Sun). I have four days free from any subbing this week and next week as all the nursery schools I sub for are closed this Friday and Monday as well as next Friday and Monday. And I may not even have a call to sub next week as most places are usually low on children due to vacations and out of town visiting. So I guess I'm a free bird too.:thumbsup:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
23-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Working over Christmas
Cockney's Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, but that's part of the job, being a DJ. Plus he gets paid shedloads for those two nights of the year, so he can't really afford not to.

I don't mind, cos with the little ones there's no point in us both sitting in, and they're too little to go to parties yet, so tra la.

I know he'd love to see New Year in with his friends and family one year though, so maybe one year we'll be able to do something like that, but hey.

He did say today that he'd have liked to not have to work on Christmas Eve so he could be home dressing up as Santa Claus and doing daddy things with the children, but they're too young to appreciate it anyway at the moment.

Bollox to potplants
24-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Working over Christmas
I'm working all day today but then I have 4 days off before I have to go in again. I also have to work on Monday 2nd January but to be honest I don't mind, as everything has finished by then.
24-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Working over Christmas
No way!
Finished until the third of January. Time to collect my thoughts count my cash and head up to Scotland where I'm going to jump up and down on the hills!

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
24-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Working over Christmas
I'm working today and will be back on Wednesday. Boo.
24-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Working over Christmas
I think this really belongs on the Good News/Bad News thread.

Mr. C usually only has Christmas Day and Boxing Day off (the Railways) but this year it co-incides with his "rest days" and some holiday he was due so he was supposed to finish today until after the New Year (hooray).

Unfortunately he's woken up with a terrible cold/flu (even though he's had the flu jab) so he can't go in today and doesn't feel very Christmassy (booo!)

Never mind, I'm all ready and prepared so will just have to pamper him Smile

Hats off to all those loverly people who have to work Christmas Day to keep things ticking over - Doctors, Nurses, Police, Carers, etc.
24-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Working over Christmas
Sorry to see my bruvs not well Crit, Mr M is in the same boat coughing sore eyes and heady. I have just been out to get him menthol crystals to inhale hope its gonna help as we have a housefull tomorrow.

I finished work yesterday and don't have to return until 3rd Jan. Looking forward to the long break and hoping I get a good book for xmas.
24-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Working over Christmas
Schools are closed so I'm not workingBig Grin

In my student days though I once worked in a bar on Christmas morning though - strangely enough I really enjoyed it!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 2,165 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,586 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,496 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,508 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 2,498 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 4,187 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 3,518 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,479 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 5,327 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Merry Christmas..ho Ho Ho! Coastie 9 2,175 26-12-2006 12:19 AM
Last Post: secrets