Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst thing ever eaten
22-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Worst thing ever eaten

Following on from my thread in the TV section, what is the worst thing you have ever eaten ????

Did you intentionally eat it, or was it disguised in some way ?

For me it has to be eel. I cant stand the taste of it. Someone gave me a dish with different fish in it, and i stuck this bit of eel in my mouth and nearly heaved. It was sooooo revolting.

Ive also eaten a maggot or two in the past, when i have looked down at a peach and seen half a maggot waving at me :sick:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Worst thing ever eaten
Oh, and has anyone here ever eaten a fly ? I have, and i didnt just swallow it like any normal person who had found a fly in the back of her throat ...... no, i managed to cough it back up, and squish it between my teeth - god it was revolting. It tasted acidy.

22-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Worst thing ever eaten
I was once in a position where I had to eat something which I totally loathed. Salmon mousse :sick: Mr V and I were very young and had just got engaged when we were invited to one of his consultant's houses for a meal with the whole medical team. It was a very very posh affair and I was over-awed by the array of cutlery as much as anything else! Anyway, the first course turned out to be salmon mousse, which I hate, but I was way too afraid to confess and say I didn't like it so managed to force down a plateful, but only with the aid of half a loaf of brown bread and gallons of water!

I was very sick once we got home Blush
22-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Worst thing ever eaten
When, back in the day, I lived in the jungle, we had to eat processed cheese. This cheese, bear in mind, was the only thing to survive when one of the Trekforce buildings burnt down a few years ago. It was exceptionally vile.

I ate a lot of spam, which turned out to be quite nice. My family in my village didn't give me anything too strange, although a few of my friends got given armadillo (equipped with shell) and iguana, Apparently iguana tastes a bit like fish, with a chicken consistency.

cheerio!
22-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
Just don't make me eat tinned pears... :sick:

When on an aid trip to Yugoslavia I visited a village and was served some soup.....in the soup was a chickens claw! It's the first time I have ever been afraid of food and I nibbled round the claw and found out later that this is actually a treat and given to the guest of honor.... Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
Weirdest thing I've probably eaten is duck brain.....had it when I was in China...as they give you the ENTIRE duck on a platter when they serve it to you. It really didn't have much of a taste tho and was kind of mushy in consistency.
22-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
Islandman Wrote:Weirdest thing I've probably eaten is duck brain.....had it when I was in China...as they give you the ENTIRE duck on a platter when they serve it to you. It really didn't have much of a taste tho and was kind of mushy in consistency.

*****VOMIT******

22-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
Once when I was in Turkey I tried sheep brains.....I can't recall the tase but it had a very grainy consistancy. I was also offered an eyeball, but I turned that down.
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
My mother in law's cooking! Honestly it is quite unbearable! It puts the above in the shade! :bag:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
22-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Worst thing ever eaten
I once ate jugged hare.

Seriously, it tasted just like what I imagine sh!t might taste like :sick:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  And another thing.. The Curmudgeon 61 5,497 18-05-2008 12:59 PM
Last Post: Isis
  A Scarey thing... Buzz 10 1,454 29-09-2007 07:29 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Will I get rid of my signature thing? PJ 41 2,414 06-06-2007 09:46 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  What Is The One Thing Seabreeze 15 1,459 10-11-2006 01:59 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  A Funny Thing Happened at the Office Today Groucho 13 2,050 28-09-2006 06:54 PM
  Best thing you have bought Bonsai 17 1,872 18-09-2006 06:46 AM
  Weird thing floopy 26 1,882 11-08-2006 09:00 PM
Last Post: floopy
  the best thing about being drunk is..... Dolores 12 1,352 08-12-2005 09:38 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Worst Words jaycee 14 1,387 31-07-2005 08:49 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  What's the first thing... dab 8 891 12-07-2005 09:12 AM
Last Post: ils