Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you disown a family member if they were gay?
10-10-2005, 10:52 AM

I don't normally watch the problem programmes - you know Trisha and the sorts but this morning I tuned into Jeremy Kyle and my god, it makes you ever so grateful that you are normal!

These people are nutters, I find it unbelievable that people like this actually exist.

Anyway they had 3 brothers on and two of them were convinced that their younger brother was gay as his neice/nephew found him in bed with another boy. The brother who was being accused insists that they were both drunk and were just sleeping it off. The two older brothers went round to his house and beat him up. They wanted him to take a lie-detector test to prove that he was gay and if was they were disowning him. Another reason they gave that he was definetly gay was that he likes shopping!! Honestly it was hilarous, and the fact that they were from Liverpool made it even more hysterical.

They said that the problem they had with being gay is that they had kids and they didn't want him anywhere the kids in case he done anything to them!?? :blink: Why do people associate homosexuals with paedophiles? Igonorance or what?

So how would you feel if your brother, sister, best friend etc told you they were gay? Would you support them, distance yourself, try to talk them out of it or walk away in disgust and have nothing more to do with them?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
As it is not a lifestyle choice but the cards that you were dealt then there can be only acceptance.

Otherwise you may as well disown someone for being left handed (tempting as that sounds)

**I heart Northern Soul**
10-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Someone we know once said to me "Your son is so beautiful - don't you ever worry that he will turn out to be gay?" To which my reply was of course not, whatever he is he is my son and I love him. I certainly would never categorise him like that. To be honest, it was her that seemed to have an issue with it, not me.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 11:07 AM
My brother-in-law is gay and it really doesn't make any difference whatsoever to me, although some of his friends over the years have been quite amusing for various reasons.

Our two oldest often go and stay with him for the night, which they quite like because he usually takes them shopping.

It would never occur to me that he might harm our kids just because of his sexuality.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Who cares! Its the kind of person they are that counts and not what their sexual orientation is. This is the 21st Century!!
10-10-2005, 11:21 AM
survivorfan Wrote:Someone we know once said to me "Your son is so beautiful - don't you ever worry that he will turn out to be gay?" To which my reply was of course not, whatever he is he is my son and I love him. I certainly would never categorise him like that. To be honest, it was her that seemed to have an issue with it, not me.

That's unbelievable SF! I remember when I was pregnant with my first child and we were out with a group of people and someone asked what we would prefer. And we had said that we didn't mind as you do, and then someone had said almost the same, how would we feel if we had a son who turned out gay? Like you, we said that we wouldn't mind but thought what a strange question to ask someone? It lead to a rather heated debate!

It really wouldn't bother me at all, I have a friend who has had both male & female relationships and I love her for what she is. I have slept in the same bed as her, kissed her, hugged her and she is what she is and that is what is great about her.

One of hubby's best friend's is gay and he is often in our house, the kids love him and would never ever look on him as some kind of threat. I would feel more uncomfortable leaving my children with my mother-in-law but that is another story! :w00t:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I am disgusted by that instance of gay men being likened to peados, that is just pure ignorance of the worst kind, and dangerous.

I have had some of the best mates going in gay men couples. When my hubby died one couple took me over and cared for me like I was their child. They would turn up with cooked meals on trays, clean the house, do the garden, cuddle me, and one really bad night one slept on my bedroom floor. They even helped me arrange the memorial for hubby, and did all the catering. I have never felt so safe as I did with them, there was no pressure, they are very fit guys that I still have close contact with, and the compassion and security was what myself and my kids needed.

I would never be upset if any member of my family was gay. In fact, I would love to find a 'widowed' gay man as a live in partner. One who, like me just doesn't want to get into a serious relationship but would love some unfettered company.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't have a problem for my sake if either of my boys turned out to be gay, except for the fact that I would be less likely to have grandchildren. I don't believe they are, however, and I am glad. But I am glad for their sakes and the fact they will not be treated with the sometimes outright hatred that gay people encounter, still in this day and age. People have enough problems these days just trying to make their way in the world, without the added burden of prejudice due to their sexuality, which they would undoubtedly receive.
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Well if my sister was gay I'd be bu@@ered as I'd have no one to have sex with and if it was my brother...welll.....I'd be bu@@ered !!

Joke!!
10-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I so want my Mother to be gay. It would be a fabulous last line in my autobiography - 'I really have had an odd life'.

But back to the question in hand anyone who would disown a family member because of their sexuality needs lining up against a wall and publically flogged with their dirty soiled underkeks!!:wallbash:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I think this whole family needs help!! msgirl 7 663 05-07-2006 01:19 AM
Last Post: msgirl