Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrinkles.
10-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Wrinkles.

Has anyone got a cream or makeup to recommend that covers up wrinkles, the skin round the eyes, mine are awash with them - if I had known that being jolly and laughing so much was going to cause such havoc to my face I would have been glum.

So any tips etc?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Wrinkles.
I have 4 words of wisdom for you Cat me old fruit.............

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm its about 20/25 quid but lasts ages - I am just using the last of the one I had for Christmas off my sis!

I also use a Clinique eye cream that is for the old laughter lines, and it does the trick for me.....

I wonder............... if I was a miserable old bag would I have so many wrinkles?????? :unsure: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Wrinkles.
OK, you are probably gonna come out with something on the lines of "What the hell???" when you read this one, but I am 60 now, and have so few wrinkles it's amazing, and via one of the cheapest creams you can buy.

Go to the chemist and get some Prep H gel - used commonly for haemorroids - or piles. Spread generously onto the wrinkles and leave for 10 - 20 minutes (whatever time you have really), rinse off with cold water. I do this daily, depending on when I have the time, but do make sure your face is squeeky clean first. It will plump out those wrinkles and last all day - in time those wrinkles just stay plumped out anyways. It does work - I guarantee it! Cool

Oh, and if you see the gel, buy a few tubes at a time, it is way popular now and stores are selling out of stocks. I buy 10 at a time, and start searching for it when down to the last two - make sure it's the gel you get, the cream doesn't work as good.

Editd to say - don't forget your neck and the backs of your hands, they can look real bad too unless cared for!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
10-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Wrinkles.
Eternity Wrote:Editd to say - don't forget your neck and the backs of your hands, they can look real bad too unless cared for!

I have always been obsessive about my neck - I always remember my mum commenting on Ali Mc Graws scrawny wrinkley neck when I was a teenager :laugh:

For my hands, I use a Boots body butter which is Olive Oil, Orange and Bergamot?? (whatever that is!!!!!) it smells gorgeous and its great for your feet and elbows too!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
10-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Wrinkles.
I actually like to see crow's feet and laughter lines on a woman. Shows that's she's happy Smile

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
10-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Wrinkles.
PJ Wrote:I actually like to see crow's feet and laughter lines on a woman. Shows that's she's happy Smile

have you seen Cat's "laughter lines" PJ?! aint nothing that funny!

A good tip to keep away wrinkles from the face is to be fat with a greasy complexion ... I'm half way there!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
10-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Wrinkles.
Eternity Wrote:Go to the chemist and get some Prep H gel - used commonly for haemorroids - or piles. Spread generously onto the wrinkles and leave for 10 - 20 minutes (whatever time you have really), rinse off with cold water. I do this daily, depending on when I have the time, but do make sure your face is squeeky clean first. It will plump out those wrinkles and last all day - in time those wrinkles just stay plumped out anyways. It does work - I guarantee it!

Sorry to ask Et, but WTF do you use on your arsé then? Clarins? :unsure:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Wrinkles.
:laugh: :blink: Ummm, nope, never had any probs there! :sleep:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
10-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Wrinkles.
HAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAA......HEEEEEEE-HEEEEEEEEE. I'm o.k. now, really I am. Just have to clean the diet pepsi I spewed everywhere laughing...msgirl :laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Wrinkles.
I was going to say exactly the same as Eternity - Prep H!!

It works wonders on bags under the eyes too!!

Virgin Vie - do a lovely neck cream called ' Neckar Gel' [a play on Neckar Island I suppose?] - but it is lovely, not sure if it actually works but it is lovely!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]