Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writers one step forward!
18-03-2005, 06:27 AM

It would appear that we have a few writers on the board.....so come on...it's time to stand up and be counted!

*What do you write......(Songs, Poetry, Short Stories, Books, Screenplays..etc...etc...)?
*What is your genre?
*How long have you been at it?
*Have you ever been published....(big time or even in a magazine...anything!)?
*Where would you like it to lead?
*What got you started?
*Can we read your work?
* Anything else?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Coastie:

*What do you write......(Songs, Poetry, Short Stories, Books, Screenplays..etc...etc...)?
I write pretty much anything but am currently focusing much of my energy into screen writing (movies, TV).

*What is your genre?
My screenplays, one attempt at a book and short stories tend to be more crime related but I dabble in the comic horror fantasy and drama fields aswell.
My poetry more nonsense orientated.
My songs christian based.

*How long have you been at it?
I've always writen something and even wrote a 63 page book at the age of 7....still have it...didn't finish it though. I have only started to take it seriously (as in with aims of it taking me somewhere) in the last 3yrs.

*Have you ever been published....(big time or even in a magazine...anything!)?
Some of my Christian songs get sung at my local church and I have had a couple of short stories published in work and church based news letters.

*Where would you like it to lead?
Oooo...Baftas, Oscars...well I would love to have one of my screenplays developed into a movie one day anyway!

*What got you started?
If I didn't write down what's in my head I would go nuts....I just have a hyper imagination and have to let it out in anyway shape or form or I would explode!

*Can we read your work?
My First two screenplays '10-4-10' (international crime thriller)and 'Hear, See, Speak'(British seriel killer flick) are available for viewing on triggerstreet.com but unfortunately you would have to become a member of the site to read them....but it is free...my third screenplay 'Salty Charmer' (heart warming drama) will be finished soon!

* Anything else?
I still have alot to learn with regards to what they look for in a decent screenplay and am getting there slowly....but more importantly I am enjoying the ride. I struggle to finish projects I have started as I get distracted by the next one....the screenplay format is teaching me disapline in this field...I can just about managed 120 pages before losing the thread...

I continue to write other bits and peices and even if it leads nowhere I will always write....simply because I love it!!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
18-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Coastie Wrote:Some of my Christian songs get sung at my local church and I have had a couple of short stories published in work and church based news letters.

Coastie you sang me one of your songs in Edinburgh - do you remember?? I was v. impressed at both the song and your voice.

You really are a very talented little lady.:thumbsup:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

18-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Flip Wrote:Coastie you sang me one of your songs in Edinburgh - do you remember?? I was v. impressed at both the song and your voice.

You really are a very talented little lady.:thumbsup:

Er...that wasn't my song Flip....'Be though my vision' I think it was...someone else wrote that one! Blush I do a mean percussion bit on it though! :ninja:

Unless......did I sing 'Highest Mountain' and do the actions...!
or
'What Sacrifice' (my best so far....and totally inspired!)....

18-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I can't remember the name of the song - you just sang to me - you loon!!! I am sure ils was there as well, maybe she can remember??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

18-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Flip Wrote:I can't remember the name of the song - you just sang to me - you loon!!! I am sure ils was there as well, maybe she can remember??

I was there Flip, but I have no idea what song it was, I think we had, had too many drinks for that :drinking:
18-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Coastie Wrote:Coastie:

I write pretty much anything but am currently focusing much of my energy into screen writing (movies, TV).

I'm always curious where one gets their inspiration for writing...do you write stories based on real moments in life and go from there? Do you develop your characters from people you know? Or does everything pretty much come from your imagination?
19-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Your imagination makes it special, but most draw from 'real' things and 'real' situations, and of course 'real' people - you just don't admit it?

But we all know that what we see is different to what someone else sees?
How we interpret things differs?
Never met a writer yet who doesn't either have a good memory or a diary.
Log everything, in your head is good, on paper next best.
If it's 'real' people will 'get' it - however bizarre.
The strangest things are often true.
The written word can convey 'thoughts' that a film cannot, what is going through a persons mind can be more telling than a face appearing at the window, with whatever soundtrack.
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Islandman Wrote:I'm always curious where one gets their inspiration for writing...do you write stories based on real moments in life and go from there? Do you develop your characters from people you know? Or does everything pretty much come from your imagination?

I have a very vivid imagination and so much of what I write comes from there...it is however inspired by my interests in say - Crime, Christianity, Travel and stuff....I hear things from time to time that I think..ooo must write that down and have been known to wake with a start with an idea for a story or a solution to a problem I'm having with a current one......

I am blessed to know people who have a wealth of information about stuff I'm interested i and like to write about and so I am often picking their brains....some of what I learn is quite scarey and so I chose to be responsible in my writing and not give to much away to those who may read and act on what they learn!

23-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Well.....119 pages of screenplay have been completed today.....I have printed off a copy to pass onto an English teacher friend of mine to do all the grammer and punctuation stuf.....this is my biggest weakness in the literary field.....

Anyway....

It's called 'Salty Charmer' and it is the story of a man who shares a dream with his beloved wife to sail around the UK on a yacht of their own creation.....unfortunately she falls ill and dies but makes him promise to fulfill their dream....reluctantly he sets off with his best friend Jib a golden retriever, bought for him by his wife.....the yacht gets caught in a storm and Jib gets swept over board....The man has to complete the passage alone a broken man..... :cry: