Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Factor
18-08-2006, 07:11 PM
X-Factor

Yes it's back...wooo:yahoo:

Saturday night (19th Aug - tomorrow) at 1850 on ITV...oooh I am so excited I may have to invest in old ladies sanitary products! :yahoo:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2006, 12:36 PM
X-Factor
I will be watching Coastie. I hope its not the same old format though with Louis and Sharon (they should change the panel IMO) ganging up on Simon and water throwing incidents all over again.
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2006, 06:55 PM
X-Factor
I just know that Jonathon is going to pee me off ... I'm sure he'll mention his sick mother at every opportunity.

Also I see the obligatory squirt has gone through - the boy he was so nervous he nearly wet himself.

Oh yes, I'm going to enjoy it again this year!

I did laugh out loud at Edna the granny - the Jaws music was hilarious!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
19-08-2006, 07:02 PM
X-Factor
I only got to watch the first 20mins or so before work but my goodness what a laugh...

That first guy, with the moves, I was peeing myself laughing as all the judges just sat there in silence at the end of his audition...oh and Mr. Monotone who sent them all to sleep! :laugh:

Those three girls...'something' Liberty were rather good...I reckon they could do well.:applause:

Oooh and that wee lad...he was 'shaking all over'...maybe he should sing that?Huh

Interesting that Paula has joined the panal...makes me wonder if Simon isn't thinking of exporting the X-Factor format over the big ogin!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-08-2006, 07:50 PM
X-Factor
Well last night at the caravan Mr M and I watched, 'How do you solve the problem of Maria?'

Which for us serious music buffs was a bit of a disappointment as Belinda was sent home and Melize was saved. ALW did comment though by saying or words to the effect that whilst Belinda had a beautiful singing voice, they were looking for a more Contemporary Maria, hence he saved Melize for another week.

Mr M and I now think that unless Connie goes through, than the whole show will be a wasted investment. He might aswell have chosen PINK as his contemporary Maria.

The other disappoint about this show is that it is a bit to much like the X factor when the heats are up and running, as the girls are expected to sing a pop song and add a little dramatic effect to it to attract the viewers vote. All a bit KAroake.

We watched the X factor earlier today and I think we have both decided that this is something we won't worry about missing.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
21-08-2006, 04:36 PM
X-Factor
Same as Dol, I saw Jonathan and thought, yup, here's your finalist. Good looking, young, sob story, it's Gareth Gates all over again.

I saw no need to tell us the bit about his mother, can the guy not just get through on his talent?

Re. the squirt, I totally agreed with Siman about not putting him through. He's so totally not ready for that world, and I blame his mum for pushing him into it (based on no evidence whatsoever, just my hunch).

Go away little boy, live life, learn what the heck you're singing about and come back in about 5 years time.

Bollox to potplants
21-08-2006, 07:23 PM
X-Factor
floopy Wrote:Same as Dol, I saw Jonathan and thought, yup, here's your finalist. Good looking, young, sob story, it's Gareth Gates all over again.

I saw no need to tell us the bit about his mother, can the guy not just get through on his talent?

Re. the squirt, I totally agreed with Siman about not putting him through. He's so totally not ready for that world, and I blame his mum for pushing him into it (based on no evidence whatsoever, just my hunch).

Go away little boy, live life, learn what the heck you're singing about and come back in about 5 years time.

Yeah, Jonathan will be there to the bitter end and if he doesn't get throught the boot camp, we will have the tears. He does seem a lovely guy and yes his voice held out but like most others I don't want a past history of him, I just want to hear if he can sing or not.

The thing that got me is when people were asked why they were there the answer was because they want to be famous - I find this quite sad, a lot of people that were there were stuck in dead end jobs like the 21 year old hairdresser with 2 kids who thought she could be the next Maria Carey! Laugh, christ no wonder Simon couldn't keep his face straight! These people live in a fantasy world, they just want an instant fix, become a pop star and marry a footballer and live a life of luxury - however they are fantastic entertainment, like the factory guy who thought he was as good as Michael Jackson!

The granny at the end should have been put her in place, who the heck did she think she was?! Let's be honest her daughter in law could not sing for toffee and why oh why would a grown woman take her 80 year mother in law along with her! This is 3rd X-factor, people should know by now that they are looking for something special, even when they are bad you have have something (I am thinking Chico here) but this woman had the personality of an ant!

And yes Sean should have gone, done his GSCe's, go out and sow his oats, get a few beers down him and come back in a few years time. It was utter humiliation, he is 16 and will now be the perfect target for bullies!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-08-2006, 07:57 PM
X-Factor
Yup, some of those people really do defy belief, but they do honestly believe that they can sing!

You do wonder why no-one's sat them down and told them, but I've seen it myself, after years of doing karaokes; the ones who turn up week after week, put as many songs in as they can, get precious about which mic they use and which version of their song they sing are absolutely always the ones that have no talent whatsoever.

There's something very disconcerting about karaoke groupies - they turn up before you do to get the best table, they drink soda and lime, they come alone but sometimes sit together as a group just for company's sake, they sing the same songs every week, and they're invariably awful Big Grin . Oh, and they get the bus home afterwards. Some of the scarier ones ring you during the week to make sure you're going to be there too. :glare:

I even tried telling some of them, gently, you know, as I do, that maybe they could take lessons or something, but to a man they all refused to believe that they weren't perfect already, cos when you're singing along to your favourite artist at home, with a hairbrush, you sound exactly like them. Sadly, the only reason for that is cos you're actually hearing the original artist in your head and not listening to your own awful caterwauling.

Ah well, they're still blummin entertaining :pimp:

Bollox to potplants
21-08-2006, 08:32 PM
X-Factor
I like the ones who think they have all the moves off as well, and then have to keep lurching to check the words on the screen. Bliss.:good:

Edit - we should resurrect The Pubsinger

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
21-08-2006, 08:42 PM
X-Factor
I blame the Cheeky Girls and the likes of Chico - they can see that even when you are bad you can still get a record deal, I think some of them are probably delibrately bad to try and go down this route!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The X Factor Mars 15 5,437 02-12-2008 02:03 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Fear Factor U.S.A. bridge 5 1,740 16-11-2006 03:58 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  X Factor - One Year On. ~ils~ 11 2,587 15-08-2006 11:12 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  X Factor 2 ils 32 4,642 21-08-2005 05:00 PM
Last Post: borneobabe
  the X factor emmaroy 15 3,046 09-05-2005 06:15 PM
Last Post: emmaroy
  New KFC advert is it the guy from x factor lou4577 16 3,647 13-02-2005 05:05 PM
Last Post: lou4577
  X factor VS Strictly Come dancing Bob 3 1,840 10-12-2004 11:06 PM
Last Post: Eternity