Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X Factor Charity. My A R $ E.
04-06-2006, 05:57 PM

The truth has finally come out. The television company have had to pay these so called stars for there time.

Another truth has emerged that every call of 50p only sees 10p allocated to the so called stars charities. 40p of each call goes into the pockets of the programme makers and the judges who have also to be paid.

I always thought that charity meant exactly that. Your time was given without any reward and the funds you raised were therefore complete and unadulterated.

It turns out that the real winner again is the X factor team.

Maybe it is time this programme was given the boot. What do you think?

I should like to know how other charitable fund raising programmes can give more to the concerns they claim to be raising for when there viewing figures are less and the number of calls reflect that??:ranting: :glare:
?????

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
i never thought anything else NA to be honest. Same as Celeb BB and I'm a Celeb get me out of here --- they all charge an appearance fee, some more than others. Charidee is the LAST thing on any of their minds including the judges and the programme makers.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Dolores Wrote:i never thought anything else NA to be honest. Same as Celeb BB and I'm a Celeb get me out of here --- they all charge an appearance fee, some more than others. Charidee is the LAST thing on any of their minds including the judges and the programme makers.

Hello Dolores,

You know its only been brought to my attention this week, that they have been paid. This to me is not the objective claim of the programmes. I know television costs money, thousands a pounds a minute but those costs were all covered by sponsors, Nokia.

You know I'm a demonstrative type and tonight I am going to find in my files the fax numbers for these programme producers and voice my concern over future charity fund raising programmes. I don't know whether it will have any influence, but I really do think they should not be paid. The benefit these people gain should be enough that there careers are resurected.

In the I'm a celebrity get me out of here, they have a fantastic time afterwards, a free holiday, food, insurance, healthcare and a revived career.

The concert I'd gone to for the Princes Trust was covered by the Royal Bank of Scotland and all the artists were unpaid and similarly Bob Geldof Make poverty History concerts also used artists for free. In fact the idea of them charging would have received a resounding two fingered salute from the Geldof team.

It proves that it can done. On a small scale I've done it. Last year I spent just over 300 pounds for two mornings of recording studio time and a few hours of an engineer to do some mixing. Inclusive in the package came 100 discs to sell on, to fund all the capers for the elderly homes and hospitals entertainment over christmas, but in actual fact I gained another two dozen discs inclusive of a master to keep as a demo.The latter being a gift from the studio. As some costs could not be avoided. 2 Minibuses to hire and drivers. Plus the purchase of christmas goodies for sick children and the elderly. Very soon I'll be fund raising again from a number of garden fetes.

Maureen
Northern angel.

04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I knew the 'celebs' had been paid as there was an article about it in the paper just before the show started.

Chris Moyles has received (i think im right) £100k for his appearance, and the others were in uproar as they received a LOT less than this.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I knew the 'celebs' had been paid as there was an article about it in the paper just before the show started.

Chris Moyles has received (i think im right) £100k for his appearance, and the others were in uproar as they received a LOT less than this.

Hello Bonsai,

It really is disgusting.

I also think its morally wrong to be paid for charitable work of this nature.

Maureen
Northern angel.

05-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Why did'nt all the stars give a percentage of their fee to Charity? that is awful, i have never voted anyway and i definately won't now.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
05-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Do we know they haven't?

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
05-06-2006, 03:09 PM
well no true , but do we know they have?

Benjamin Disraeli

05-06-2006, 03:11 PM
No, but some like to keep it private!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
well then i guess we will never know!

Benjamin Disraeli

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cheryl Cole to be new X factor judge MariaRob 11 5,611 03-11-2011 08:51 AM
Last Post: hongfa
  X-factor drinking game .... Dolores 31 12,391 03-12-2006 04:56 PM
Last Post: Cjem spud
  x factor theme tune for your phone cavalier1962 4 2,048 05-11-2006 08:07 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  x-factor jackie 10 2,784 30-10-2006 03:50 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  General X-Factor stuff! Coastie 33 5,087 28-09-2006 03:21 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  X-Factor Bingo Room WayneH 1 1,567 21-09-2006 04:18 PM
Last Post: WayneH
  X factor just opened a cool interactive site cubase 5 2,787 21-09-2006 01:31 PM
Last Post: jarael
  x factor jackie 6 1,912 11-09-2006 07:24 PM
Last Post: jackie
  x FACTOR BLOGGS. Northern angel 3 1,542 31-08-2006 10:50 PM
  X factor news update. Northern angel 19 4,020 31-08-2006 09:49 PM