Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-factor (did He Now!) :o) - Perspective
14-12-2004, 06:09 PM

Rather irratatingly I can't lay claim to this comment as Fran from Travis said it a while back. Huh
The X-Factor (and for that read PoP-Academy et al) is about a TV programme - not a singer and his career. It ended on Sat, that was it -the life of Steve or G4 is irrelevant as it was not about them..it was about the show, The X factor.

Now what, do you, make of that? :blink:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2004, 06:13 PM
i have to say that I quite agree with it. Anything interesting about Steve, Tabby, G4 and co evapourated with the tv prog imo. I love these "talentless" shows but once they're over I completely lose interest. But I'm also glad when the next one comes along!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
14-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Dolores Wrote:i have to say that I quite agree with it. Anything interesting about Steve, Tabby, G4 and co evapourated with the tv prog imo. I love these "talentless" shows but once they're over I completely lose interest. But I'm also glad when the next one comes along!

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I watch them whilst they are on, but after that I lose interest. I couldn't even tell you who was in the final of Pop Idol last time round....well, who was in the last 10 at least. I know Michelle...(who) won it, and Mark was second but after that I can't remember.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-12-2004, 08:37 PM
There's a lot of truth in that. The first Pop Idol did ok, but as more people cash in on these talent shows they become more frequent, and before you know it, the previous winner is consigned to the bargain bin and it's time to cheer on your next favourite.

How many votes did they have on Saturday? It was about 7 million wasn't it. Totally disproportional to the number of CDs that'll be sold by the winner after the first rush of glory.

Isn't there another series of American Idol coming up soon?
15-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Of course. The programme is all about making money. For Simon Cowell, for the TV companies. Anything that happens in between is a bonus. I don't feel that ANY of the contestants had the X factor, and I certainly don't see any of them having massive success in the future. Cowell and the TV companies are the big winners here.

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Nox Wrote:How many votes did they have on Saturday? It was about 7 million wasn't it. Totally disproportional to the number of CDs that'll be sold by the winner after the first rush of glory.

Apparantly Steve had 5.4 million votes, G4 had 3.1 million votes. The "neck and neck" comments were bs and to keep people phoning thinking their votes made a difference - back to the money thing again. More calls = more dosh.
15-12-2004, 06:34 PM
sayangmouse Wrote:Apparantly Steve had 5.4 million votes, G4 had 3.1 million votes. The "neck and neck" comments were bs and to keep people phoning thinking their votes made a difference - back to the money thing again. More calls = more dosh.

I know, so obvious! All of them do it all the time! I'm A Celebrity etc etc. It's always 'so close' and 'you need to phone now'. More fool anybody who actually believes it!

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Lyndsay Wrote:I know, so obvious! All of them do it all the time! I'm A Celebrity etc etc. It's always 'so close' and 'you need to phone now'. More fool anybody who actually believes it!
gulp! you talking to me?! :ninja:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-12-2004, 10:06 PM
sayangmouse Wrote:Apparantly Steve had 5.4 million votes, G4 had 3.1 million votes.

Oh thanks for that sayangmouse - I am so glad I now know the split - the way they were going on you would have thought there was only 1 vote in it???

But I agree with isleofweather's points [albeit from Fran] - these shows keep us hooked and intrigued and the poor souls who put themselves up for it, in the spotlight for a few weeks and then nada!!

Who are the real winners??

Well it has got to be the tv companies, closely followed by the GBP - and for that I am grateful!!
16-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Well i think these shows are totally about tv entertainment.

I absolutely love these type of shows, i see people is dislike, people i love, people i think who have huge talent and absolutely adore watching them perform every week. I emphatically defend my favourites at work, with my friends and of course with intelligent folks like yourselves on this message board. I even base my saturday nights around these shows (missed half of my friends birthday last week cause of the x factor final!!)

But have I ever bought a single, cd, seen any of those people I championed...NEVER!!

I guess we are a fickle bunch after all!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cheryl Cole to be new X factor judge MariaRob 11 4,755 03-11-2011 08:51 AM
Last Post: hongfa
  X-factor drinking game .... Dolores 31 11,370 03-12-2006 04:56 PM
Last Post: Cjem spud
  x factor theme tune for your phone cavalier1962 4 1,769 05-11-2006 08:07 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  x-factor jackie 10 2,231 30-10-2006 03:50 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  General X-Factor stuff! Coastie 33 4,169 28-09-2006 03:21 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  X-Factor Bingo Room WayneH 1 1,261 21-09-2006 04:18 PM
Last Post: WayneH
  X factor just opened a cool interactive site cubase 5 2,458 21-09-2006 01:31 PM
Last Post: jarael
  x factor jackie 6 1,533 11-09-2006 07:24 PM
Last Post: jackie
  x FACTOR BLOGGS. Northern angel 3 1,293 31-08-2006 10:50 PM
  X factor news update. Northern angel 19 3,365 31-08-2006 09:49 PM