Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas!
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Xmas!

So what does everyone else think of this time of year?
Personally I hate it, and with the amount of adverts before the day its a wonder any kids even believe in the big guy in North Pole!

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Purple"]
Edge of Reason, Bridget Jones:
I'm late, with mad hair, and can barely breathe in scary knickers. :laugh:
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Xmas!
Bah Humbug to you! I love Christmas. Obviously it used to be all about the presents and stuff but now I just love the fact that my whole family (and it's vast) comes together to celebrate. It's great seeing those again who I don't normally see throughout the year. And the presents are good too, of course...
The only thing I hate about it is the fact that works been so busy lately, I still haven't bought one present, I spent 35 mins looking for a parking space the other night, the shops were full of greetin weans...

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Xmas!
PJ Wrote:Bah Humbug to you! I love Christmas. Obviously it used to be all about the presents and stuff but now I just love the fact that my whole family (and it's vast) comes together to celebrate. It's great seeing those again who I don't normally see throughout the year. And the presents are good too, of course...
The only thing I hate about it is the fact that works been so busy lately, I still haven't bought one present, I spent 35 mins looking for a parking space the other night, the shops were full of greetin weans...

May I suggest on-line shopping PJ? In fact I know of a great wee jewellery website and there is still time for your chosen gift to be delivered! Wink

I do love this time of year but we do get ourselves into a bit of a tissy and get completely stressed out by the time the big day comes don't we?

I enjoy the time with the family, although this year is sad as my auntie died only 9 weeks ago and begining to hit home now, we had our usual meet-up at the weekend to exchange presents and it just wasn't the same without her there.

You have a good point though re the adverts Cjem, my mum had said something about Santa being busy and my 8 year old turns round and tells her that it's okay as Santa doesn't shop for it he Argos's it!!!!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
13-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Xmas!
I LOVE IT. To me the build up is the best bit. I love all the tackiness of it, and all the lights in peoples homes. I adore walking through the village and seeing the shops decorated and beautiful.

I even love all the Xmas adverts.

Its always a shame on Boxing Day. I kinda feel a sense of loss and anti climax.

I had an email from my mum this morning who is as excited as me, and she sent me some 'Christmas Biscuits' for the office via Mr.B. She does it every year ... and when she sends them i truly feel i have the bestest mum in the whole world.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
13-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Xmas!
Cjem spud Wrote:So what does everyone else think of this time of year?
Personally I hate it, and with the amount of adverts before the day its a wonder any kids even believe in the big guy in North Pole!

Well there are things about it I like but by and large it's as if the nation is gripped by some kind of mass insanity.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
13-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Xmas!
I dread it every year and am grateful when it's all over. The best bit is left-overs on Boxing Day. Each to their own and I'm happy for people who love it, but for me it's all about financial burden and family politics.

My window display is pretty though.
13-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Xmas!
I hate the build up to Christmas - it starts so early. This year the end of our term is the 22nd of December but the kids are high already! I've still got to teach them for another week and a half!

I quite like the actual day as its one of the few times that all our family is here.

On the whole though I'll be glad when it's over!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
14-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Xmas!
Normally I love Christmas, but this year I'm finding it hard to get into the spirit of it.

I know it sounds all Bah Humbug, but frankly, I'll be glad when its over.
15-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Xmas!
I kind of like the build up to Christmas. We went to the youngest Buzz's carol service at school the other night and that made me cry, cos it is his last one at lower school and by the time they get to middle school they don't do carol services unless they are in the choir and I can't see him joining the choir.

I don't enjoy the shopping and wrapping and stuff, that just drives me mad.
15-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Xmas!
Figaro Wrote:Normally I love Christmas, but this year I'm finding it hard to get into the spirit of it.
So am I. I dunno why - I'm blaming the mild rainy weather!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]