Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are Blunkett's Lovers' Husband??
01-12-2004, 06:43 PM

What would you do in his situation.

This story has fascinated me. You have a high powered Cabinet Minister who was having an affair with a married woman. She is now allegedly expecting his baby. And if that is not bad enough - the 'perks' that Blunkett dealt out to his mistress is splashed headline news, and a lead story on all the news channels! [Quite honestly stuff future documentaries and films are made of]

Personally I find it all a bit distasteful, and for the husband so utterly humiliating.

I am not sure what I would do in his situation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2004, 06:48 PM
I read today that The husband is not interested in paternity, it will be his child, his marriage is for the long haul and he believes the marriage will survive. This sort of thing happens in life and so be it. Blunkett is apparently seeking paternity.
I dislike Blunkett intensly and feel he is not challenged enough his time as education secetary was horrendous and hius record on prisons is also abysmal. He needs to go and for once I hope this affair gets him the long overdue shove thats needed
01-12-2004, 06:57 PM
It's a fascinating and repulsive story simultaneously. Blunkett, to my mind and reports I've read in The Times this week, seems so obviously guilty of hypocrisy, stupidity and above all arrogance. I am sure that much will be made of him paying back Mrs Quinn's bus fare (or whatever it was!), but we all know it runs much much deeper than that. He KNEW that he should never have let her have the first class rail pass as she is not his spouse. He KNEW and if he says anything else he is a liar. He wont be the first arrogant politician to be brought down by his own vanity and sadly he wont be the last either.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
05-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Kimberley Quinn is a frightening woman- did anyone read India Knight's column in The Times today? She really gives her a verbal walloping.

All very cynical stuff- apparently she pressed her husband to begin fertility treatment after she started the affair with Blunkett (ensuring the 'alibi,' I suppose). It sounds like she simply used him for a visa... and to father her kids. I do feel for her husband a bit, but really, I'm sure he didn't believe she was marrying him for either his looks or abundant charisma.

Diplomacy is the art of letting other people have your way
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2004, 01:53 PM
sheoque Wrote:I read today that The husband is not interested in paternity, it will be his child, his marriage is for the long haul and he believes the marriage will survive. This sort of thing happens in life and so be it. Blunkett is apparently seeking paternity.
I dislike Blunkett intensly and feel he is not challenged enough his time as education secetary was horrendous and hius record on prisons is also abysmal. He needs to go and for once I hope this affair gets him the long overdue shove thats needed
I agree with you Sheoque. Apart from his record as Education Secretary, he's turning into an utter fascist of a Home Secretary. The only good thing I'd say for him is that at least he's trying to take some responsibility for his child(ren) rather than the normal course of denying everything.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
06-12-2004, 02:12 PM
bustywench Wrote:Kimberley Quinn is a frightening woman- did anyone read India Knight's column in The Times today? She really gives her a verbal walloping.

All very cynical stuff- apparently she pressed her husband to begin fertility treatment after she started the affair with Blunkett (ensuring the 'alibi,' I suppose). It sounds like she simply used him for a visa... and to father her kids. I do feel for her husband a bit, but really, I'm sure he didn't believe she was marrying him for either his looks or abundant charisma.

I read it - i thought it was very interesting and yes India slated Mrs Quinn all right - she painted the picture of a self obsessed, attention seeking, limelighting chasing virago!

I feel really sorry for her husbend - more fool him for standing by her. I feel sorry for Blunkett top though - she seems like a manipulative cow.

What is the public perception of Blunkett in the UK and what was it before all this?? I dont know much about him

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
06-12-2004, 08:04 PM
bustywench Wrote:Kimberley Quinn is a frightening woman- did anyone read India Knight's column in The Times today? She really gives her a verbal walloping.

....ummmm somehow I feel a bit cynical about any peice that Ms Knight writes. i find her a horrible snotty condescending person most of the time. And in the bitch eat bitch world of female journalism I wouldn't pay too much heed to Ms Knight's depiction of another female journalist!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
07-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Going back to Flips original comment - I am amazed the marriage appears to be surviving but well done to them if it does. Starting an affair after a few months of marriage seems a bit extreme particularly when she eveidently got married to have kids.
BTW what was Blunkett thinking of getting a new wife pregnant - he does know where babies come from - and I guess he would know of her desire for kids (unless they had avery skewed relationship). The more I think about it the more layers there are.
The husband does seem a bit of a saint though
08-12-2004, 12:59 AM
I guess he didnt see it coming Tobule

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.