Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are what you eat - Michelle McManus
23-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Anyone see this last night? I felt a wee bit sorry for Michelle having to bear everything on TV, at least on Pop Idol she dressed in clothes that suited her and covered her up. However at the end I so chuffed for her, she lost an incredible 5 stones and completely turned her life around in respect of her eating habits! Everything is bought fresh and she now loves fish, fresh fruit and she has even given up alcohol. Total respect to her! She looked lovely at the end, she does a have a lovely face, and a bubbly personality and it really showed as she showed off her new image. She is never going to be the skinny role model like Christina and the likes, and I don't think she needs to be but to me if she can show that healthy eating can produce a better life, then that is a good role model.

I would love her to bounce back onto the music scene, just to prove everyone wrong. As she says she is not really on a diet, she has just changed her eating habits and will eat like that from now on.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I really wanted to see this last night, but forgot all about it.

It's good to see people turn their lives around like that. Well done Michelle!

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
23-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I watched it too Bella, and i was really proud of Michelle. Sometimes i wanted to punch Gillian as i did think she was a little harsh. I mean, Michelle had done brilliantly and hadnt touched a drop of alcohol over Xmas nor pigged out. She had tried 2 different fish dishes, walked everywhere and cooked all fresh produce - but no, that wasnt good enough for Gillian. She almost force fed Michelle the other fish in the fish restuarant and then slated her for not trying !!!!!

But well done Michelle Cool

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
23-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I watched it too Bella, and i was really proud of Michelle. Sometimes i wanted to punch Gillian as i did think she was a little harsh. I mean, Michelle had done brilliantly and hadnt touched a drop of alcohol over Xmas nor pigged out. She had tried 2 different fish dishes, walked everywhere and cooked all fresh produce - but no, that wasnt good enough for Gillian. She almost force fed Michelle the other fish in the fish restuarant and then slated her for not trying !!!!!

But well done Michelle Cool

Yeah, Gillian was a little harsh but Michelle stood her ground and really held out against Gillian, which was good. It proved that she was no walkover but the good thing was that Michelle wanted to do it for herself and not to prove anything to Gillian!

23-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Can't write much at the moment, got to pick child up from school, but I watched this and thought Michelle did brilliantly.

As she said herself, she isn't on a diet, she has just totally changed her life around. Kudos to her.

[Image: 429.gif]
23-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I didn't like her on Pop Idol and I still didn't like her after watching this program! Although I admit she did look better after losing some weight.

Didn't feel sorry for her bearing all on TV though - she probably got paid for it and only did it to try to raise her sinking profile!

As you can tell - she's not my favourite person!!
Find all posts by this user
23-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I didn't watch this as I was too busy watching Greg!

I didn't like her on Pop Idol either Minks as you know! I thought others had much better voices and personalities but good for her for changing her eating habits!

I doubt it will make any difference to her career though as imo her voice just isn't good enough & she hasn't got any star quality either!
23-06-2005, 02:12 PM
I planned to watch this, but like ils I was caught up in the tennis. Has anyone read the book? I'm not one for trendy diets, but this sounds like something I might try.
23-06-2005, 02:13 PM
dab Wrote:I planned to watch this, but like ils I was caught up in the tennis. Has anyone read the book? I'm not one for trendy diets, but this sounds like something I might try.

Actually Dab, I got the book and never read it - I would be more than happy to send it to you if you want to pm me your address. I will need to have a rumage around to see where exactly it is though! :laugh:

23-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Bella! PM en route. :thumbsup:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Michelle from The Apprentice Bella 3 1,261 25-07-2006 04:53 PM
Last Post: Bella