Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Job
18-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Your Job

Is your job what you thought it would be when you were a kiddie?

I work in an insurance company & I can't honestly say what I wanted to be when I was a child - Em has decided she wants to work with the RSPCA & I have a distinct impression that veterinary science will feature soon, however, her first ambition was to be a shop assistant at the local discount store.

So what did you want to be as a child & what do you do now? Do youwish you had filled your childhood ambitions & what stopped you?

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Your Job
I wanted to be a poet. Silly I know, but it was my dream ... so I was totally unprepared for the real world and all it's awful mundaneness.

I also wanted to be journalist but my mum was very dismissive of anything that wasn't to do with the Civil Service as far as I can remember. Mind you not that I can blame her for not fulfilling my ambition cos I never did anything else she wanted me to!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Your Job
As most of you know, I'm a nurse and looking to go back to work soon.
But I've never been one of those people who always had that burning desire to be a nurse, I kind of fell into it.

It basically started at college where I was doing a social care course and we went on different placements. Me and my friend went on placements where we had to stay in uni residances or the nurses homes.
So I got the taste for living away from home.
My plan was to go to uni to do something on the lines of social work, but I didn't get my A levels, so the next best thing was nursing.
I would have ended up in some sort of caring profession, but nursing let me move away from home and have a profession as well.

[Image: 429.gif]
18-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Your Job
I always wanted to be a cowgirl. I was going to marry the Lone Ranger and ride of into the sunset with him on Trigger and me on Champion the Wonder Horse.

Then I was going to 'work in London' and spend my time getting in and out of open top cars wearing an impossibly short mini-skirt and looking very tarty.

Now I advise on employment law and spend my time touting my services in just-legal-enough-to-keep-them-out-of-court redundancies and dismissals.

So I guess I'm a bit of a cowboy, prostituting myself for my fees. Sadly age and gravity have put an end to the short skirts though :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Your Job
Fee For All Wrote:Sadly age and gravity have put an end to the short skirts though :laugh:

Know exactly how you fee Fee:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
18-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Your Job
Ooooh I wanted to be a cowgirl too! I adored Alias Smith and Jones!

Took me thrirtysix years to realise that dream tho, and it was super! alas its only when I visit my friend in Reno that I can live out my fantasies.

I always wanted to be a showjumper when I was a kid too, ended up doing one day eventing as a hobby tho, which was cool but landed me in casualty quite a lot.

Now I do what I wanted to do if I didnt become a cowgirl or a showjumper...I am a self employed artist...but I have had quite a few boring jobs in between, but although they paid ok, I just couldnt settle into the 9-5 work ethic at all.
I'm just a lazy boogar I think. The pay is erratic and theres no stability, but I love it.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
19-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Your Job
Oh gosh what didn't I want to be......

Expolorer
Army
Violinist
Vet
Mounted Police Officer/Stable girl
Regular Police Officer/Army
Police/Playworker

Did the vlountary Police thing for 4yrs decided that as much as I enjoyed it I didn't want it as a career so when my current job was advertised I thought ooo and have been employed in public service ever since.....albeit under the civil service banner (hence pants pay compared to like jobs in other services....but it's more interesting so ho hum)......

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Your Job
I wanted to be a ballerina, but I didn't get there. I also wanted to drive a truck. Maybe I should have gone for being a truck driving ballet dancer
Find all posts by this user
19-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Your Job
Aspen Wrote:I wanted to be a ballerina, but I didn't get there. I also wanted to drive a truck. Maybe I should have gone for being a truck driving ballet dancer

you should have Aspen! I hear there is a shortage of them at the moment! The market would be your oyster they would be falling over themselves to employ you!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
19-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Your Job
Marmoset Wrote:Ooooh I wanted to be a cowgirl too! I adored Alias Smith and Jones!

This is another subject altogether Marm! I too adored Alias Smith and Jones. One week Pete Duel was my favourite then the next the delicious Ben Murphy! whatever happened to them?

EDIT: Actually I remember now, Pete Duel killed himself (very sad).