Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on the contestants so far....
22-11-2006, 05:29 PM

My take on the contestants are :-

Phina - God isnt she ugly ? (on the inside and out) Enjoyed her grapple with Scott though; it made me laugh when he was shrieking in that falsetto voice, "there are NOOOO rules!!!", until of course he got scratched and bitten, then he was practically writing the rule book. I like the fact that Phina isnt scared to take people (like Jan) to task if she feels she has been slighted, but felt she was a being a little unfair when she said she didnt think the boys deserved to be given the Treasure Chest Trial last night.... I think Ms Oruche is a rather selfish young lady.

Scott : First words out of his mouth during his interview before he went into t'jungle were, "I hope there arent any fat people in there", instantly ostracising about half of the UK alone. Vile, waspish little toerag. I was hoping he would be dropped from the plane last night with no parachute. Unfortunately this apparently didnt happen, so Im banking on him choking on a witchity grub tonight. Barring that, Im going to have to fly to Australia, on behalf of SO and suffocate him in his sleep.

Matt : Hair like Hitler and seems to be spending most of his jungle time in the diary room giving a running commentary on everything. "Maaaan, we just saw a spider and I was like 'Woooh, it's a spider…' and then Faith went for a poo but she couldn't do a poo and then I coughed and then a twig moved…"
Apart from that though, he seems a rather pleasant chappie, who hopefully will do a bit more in the near future.

Jason Donovan : Despite having a permanently bemused and stunned expression on his face, I like The Donovan. Very supportive during trials, hasnt said anything contentious or been horrid about anyone and seems to have a good sense of humour. Bit of a luvvie with David Get, but Ill let him off.

Dean Gaffney: God, its like The Munsters in that camp isnt it? We've got Phina, The Gaffney and David Gest's face to give us nightmares. Have to give him credit though, he didnt falter during his grotesque live trial and seems a very pleasant, polite guy.
I know someone who knows him actually and he says that he is a very modest, unassuming chap. I realise that his only talent is romancing a cacophony of strumpets in Essex VIP rooms with boobs larger than their heads, but he seems okay to me at the moment.

Faith Brown : Talking of boobs bigger than heads (smooooth link there eh? :w00t: )..... arent they enoooorrrrrmous???? [Image: eek.gif] Leaving her norks aside for a second (yes I know its difficult), I do like her. She is very easy going and not at all up her own bum. Thumbs up for Faith.

Jan Leeming : I thought Sophie Anderton and Jodi Marsh were the Queens of Delusion, but I think the Leeming actually possesses a magic mirror at home which - when she looks into it - shows a 30 year old, bubbly, interesting, nubile blonde looking back at her. I cant think of any other reason why she acts like she does. Her singing "happy talk" and "summertime" will go down in television history as one of the most cringeworthy bits of TV ever witnessed.

Lauren : Dont think much of Lauren really, though she tackled the high wire challenge well, despite being terrified. When she was leader for the day, she was insufferable, breaking the Guinness World Record for 'how many times can I remind people Im leader in a day'. I just dont find her very endearing....

David Gest : has me laughin my head off. He isnt half as pretentious as people thought he would be. Yes he is a name dropper, yes he tells the tallest of tall stories , but it all seems to be done with a certain amount of rather impish (and surprising) humour. So far (apart from his sugar withdrawal tantrums), Im finding him very likeable. His stories which always start with, "I knew this woman...." and end up, "and she died....." crack me up. He also told Myleene a story (totally deadpan) about his Mother being a nun in Taiwan and his Father a one legged fisherman.... until Myleene twigged (about three days later). And anyone who can claim, without cracking his face, that he has a maid called Vaginica Seaman is worth a vote or two in my book ! :good:

Myleene : Fab body, very nice lady if a bit dense, will probably win, if Jason doesnt.

Toby Anstis : What. a. ninny. I want to rip that stupid red headscarf off his head and gag him with it. Possessor of the strangest shaped body Ive ever seen; kind of muscly but not muscly, with a peanut head. Also prances about far too much in those grotesque white pants under the waterfall showing all his bits. Yik. Oh and he was actually flirting with Jan Leeming which made me billious.

Malandra Burrows : Possessor of a laugh like a donkey. Laughs all the time, at everything she says herself and what other people say, despite it not actually being funny. When she laughs its a full on forced, fake, baring all of her teeth, terrifying in its manic intensity laugh. Apart from the psychotic laugh she is as bland can be (though she looks pretty damn good for 41 yrs old).

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Phina - Not nice, fake accent, ideas above her station, her greedy attitude to the food tells you a lot about her.

Scott : Horrid little gayboy who is a walking stereotype and a coward. A woman hater to boot.

Matt : A bit of a dolt but he is ok i guess.

Jason Donovan : All round good guy - he was married to Kylie you know.

Dean Gaffney: Smashing bloke - i changed my mind big time on him.

Faith Brown : Idiot who cries all the time and has nowt to offer.

Jan Leeming : Idiot who really thinks folk remember her ..er .. reading an autocue each night. Vain, devious and no wonder she is asad single.

Lauren : When she started all that black music stuff, oh no. she seems fairly horrid.

David Gest : Diamond and one of the few who realise that its a TV show. He rocks

Myleene : Got to love her but she is a bit vapid.

Toby Anstis : Twit

Malandra Burrows : who?

**I heart Northern Soul**
22-11-2006, 07:03 PM
The only one who i truly despise is Scott. Unlike all the others in that camp that make me cringe and laugh at same time..Scott just makes me cringe.
I really want Scott to be the one who gets voted out first.
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2006, 08:45 PM
David is a top guy - and whatever else he may be in real life he's been THE find of this series!

Jan - I never thought much about her at all before she went in - well let's face it she's been off the tv for the last 20 years! I always thought she was over made up and wore really frumpy blouses when she was a newsreader but I never imagined she would be this ghastly!

Phina - never watched Footballers wives after about one and half series so had no idea about her - still don't really. My favourite accent she does is the Liverpudlian - but let's face it there all good!!

Scott - sorry but men who sew frocks don't scan on my radar.

Faith - like her more everytime I see her - but she has yet to do anything interesting.

Malandra - (is that a made up name) yes she does laugh a lot but I think she is very very frightened of people thinking she is boring (cos she is!).

Jason - he's doing well but ditto what I said about Faith really.

Mylene - ditto Faith/Jason

Dean - he seems ok.

Matt - such a young dopey boy.

Lauren - I really don't get why she is there. I don't particularly like her, but havent really got a reason.

Toby - yuk! he seems terribly terribly false and insincere to me. Anyone who can go 9 days without a poo isn't human!
23-11-2006, 09:34 AM
David - I love David. I want to join his fan club. I really dont think he looks as scary now he has grown some stubble to hide his moon face. His stories have me in fits of laughter, and watching Jason trying not to laugh just adds to it. I really hope he wins.

Jan - I didnt really know who she was. Didn't she read the news in the 80's ? I was only a nipper then, and i didnt tune into anything serious. I was still watching 'The Cities of Gold' and 'Dogtanian'. I cant stand her. She is so full of her own self importance, and she is on screen way too much. WE arent getting to see the others like Faith and Myleene. I hope she is voted off, before she has a nervous breakdown.

Phina - I really didnt have a clue who she was as I never watched Footballers Wives. Im fascinated by her mouth though which seems to move in all sorts of directions without her even trying !! She is very competitive, but i like her. She is direct, she does speak her mind - but to me that isnt a fault. And I think you need to be competitive to win the challenges, unlike snivelling Jan.

Scott - He is the campest gay i think i have ever seen. He is a wuss of the highest order and i cant stand the man. He showed his true colours when he was going to leave David and Phina in the bog on the way to camp, and also when he cheated when collecting the chest. Get rid of the sorry excuse of a man.

Faith - I like her very much (although we havent seen much of her). She seems gentle, down to earth .... and i love her hair !!!

Malandra - Boring. Cant really say much about her .... because i fall asleep as soon as he name is mentioned. I wish she would wipe that stupid grin off her face.

Jason - Love him. For me, he should come 2nd after David Gest. He has a keen sense of humour, and he seems very down to earth.

Mylene - How beautiful is she ... and a body to die for. Mr.B goes all giggly when she is on the screen. I think she will do well. She is very caring and sharing and i like her very much.

Dean - Im finding him strangely attractive Huh He seems like a good guy, up for anything, and he had no trouble fitting in the boys camp. I think he will get more work after this.

Matt - Why is he there ? He does nothing. Has he even collected a chest ? If he has it was so insignificant i cant remember.

Lauren - I didnt like her before she went in .... and i havent warmed to her. She seems OK, but she doesnt feature highly enough for me to want to keep her in.

Toby - As Pan said, he has a weird body shape .... and a small willy (as seen through the pants). He hasnt done very much, and i would like to see him do a trial. I like him, but he lost brownie points when he openly recipricated the flirting with Jan.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
23-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Jan - irritating, has to have the last word, wilfully misunderstands people, craves attention - but I do kinda feel sorry for her.

Phina - like her, says what she thinks and sticks up for herself. On the downside, a bit too aggressive.

Faith - has grown on me.

Myleene - a lovely girl, always cheerful and very caring.

Malandra - not really registering at the moment and think she may go first out of the girls

Lauren - bit of an embarrassment and if it wasn't for Jan, she'd probably be the one getting on everyones nerves

David - really liking David. Got a great sense of humour and I love his tall stories

Jason - lovely fella but he's looking more and more like he should be in a home for the bewildered. I like his relationship with David.

Scott - funny hearing him talk about having soul and values with David when he was ready to leave David and Phina in the canoe on the first day!

Matt - seems nice but a tad boring for a young guy

Dean - trying very hard to be nice

Toby - I like him! Bless
23-11-2006, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2006 01:20 PM by catswhiskas.)
My thoughts so far:

David: One of my favourites. I saw him interviewed on This Morning about a year ago and he came across as a nice guy then. I think the beard he has grown in the camp really suits him and he should keep it when he comes out of the jungle as well as ditching the sunglasses. I do think the others pander to him a bit though with the food and he acted like a baby in his highchair last night chucking the rice around and stamping his feet about not wanting the sausage.

Jason: I hope he wins. Is very level headed and practical and its sweet the way he calls David "Dave". He looked so disappointed last night when he was down to the last two for the next bush tucker trial. I was so hoping it was going to him because he would have definitely done well.

Matt: Looks bored most of the time and hasn't done very much. I think he might get voted out first tomorrow if the boys lose tonight's challenge.

Scott: Never liked him from Day 1 when he refused to help David and Phina in the boat. I think he is spiteful and likes to stir things up. I also hate the way he bigs up the trial he has done when he gets back to camp.

Toby: I like him but he seems very emotional. Has a great bod. Would like to see him do a trial.

Dean: Thought he did great in the trial when he entered the camp but has been very quiet since.

Myleene: I think she will be in the last three. I always thought she was a bit stuck up and was surprised at how sweet and nice she is. I think she will do well from the series and get a lot of tv presenting work which she is keen to do. She will put the likes of Kelly O and Sheree Murphy to shame with their "presenting" skills.

Lauren: Will be the first of the women out. Haven't warmed to her. Her face seems to be getting thinner and thinner but the rest of her body hasn't.

Jan: If she could stop the moaning and "woe is me" snivelling she could possibly turn things round for herself but I think it might be too late. She has had far too much camera time but has kept us entertained.

Malandra: What was the point of her going in. Has done nothing since she arrived apart from laugh inanely. I think she may come out of herself once Phina goes as she finds her intimidating.

Faith: I wish she would do more impressions. Hasn't had enough camera time. Seems very emotional.

Phina: She is a bit scarey as well as aggressive and loud. I think the other girls find her intimidating. I noticed when watching ITV2 that when Dean went in the camp that she was all friendly and washed his hair only when he said the show was huge at home and seems to have played to the camera since then. Hope she gets voted out soon and the quieter ones will come out of themselves.
23-11-2006, 01:18 PM
catswhiskas Wrote:Sheree Murphy to shame.

Have you seen Sheree Murhpy on the 5.30 daily IAC show on ITV? She can just about read the auto cue. Stick to being a footballers wife luv.
23-11-2006, 01:25 PM
MariaRob Wrote:Have you seen Sheree Murhpy on the 5.30 daily IAC show on ITV? She can just about read the auto cue. Stick to being a footballers wife luv.

Did you see yesterday's programme when Philip Schofield let the cat out of the bag about Sheree eating chocolate that Kimberley smuggled in after coming back from hospital in last year's series? She looked so embarrassed. Apparently Kimberley had 4 bars which she gave to Sheree, Jenny Frost and Sid Owen. I can't remember who got the other one. Jenny Frost shared hers with Jimmy Osmond but Sheree scoffed the lot herself. Shame on you. :shocking:
23-11-2006, 01:33 PM
MariaRob Wrote:Have you seen Sheree Murhpy on the 5.30 daily IAC show on ITV? She can just about read the auto cue. Stick to being a footballers wife luv.

Oh god, i have been watching this, and Sheree is appaulling. I have never seen such a wooden presenter in my life !! Poor Phillip Scofield looks like he wants the ground to swallow him up sometimes.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me