Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a scottish pm
26-09-2006, 10:04 AM
a scottish pm

last night i thought i would be all intellectual and started half-watchin programme on politics. and in it they had a focus group and the man asked the panel all sorts of questions like do u think gordon brown should be the next pm etc etc. and one of the questions was along the lines of, would you be disturbed if we had a scottish pm to which 10 out of 30 said yes!!!!!! how narrow-minded!!! and if this panel were representative of britain then that's a third!! what the **** is wrong with being scottish? it doesnt make us any less worthy of leading the country, fecking english bigots who think the world revolves around london. and dont even get me started on the dimwits that dont even know where scotland is!! you know, im not one of these people that bang on about scottish independance and all english are ****s, im quite proud to be british. but some idiots out there seem to think england is the be all and end all. and it makes you wonder why some scots do have this chip on their shoulder (i.e my bf and alot of other people i know).

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2006, 10:11 AM
a scottish pm
Probably because the Scots are a bunch of stroppy gits.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2006, 10:21 AM
a scottish pm
Part of the problem, kooks, is the West Lothian question.

Scotland has an independant parliament that votes on Scottish issues that English MPs dont get to vote on.

However, on purely English issues at Wesminster, the Scottish MPs do get to vote.

That doesn't seem right, does it.

I dont think being Scottish should preclude Gordon Brown from becoming Prime Minister.

I think being a lying, cheating, unelected, tax raising git should do.
26-09-2006, 11:06 AM
a scottish pm
survivorfan Wrote:Probably because the Scots are a bunch of stroppy gits.

Oi who you calling stroppy, you old wind-bag?!!

Well, we've had a Welsh PM, an English PM maybe a Scottish PM could sort this country out.

To be perfectly honest if an Englishman was elected to be the Scottish First Minister, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest as long as he got the job done!

Anything else you wish to get off your chest, Groucho? I don't think Gordon Brown has done that bad a job, he certainly made a better job of being Chancellor than any Tory guy has.

More to the point if Gordon Brown did become PM, who would become the Chancellor and is there anyone else that would be good enough for the job?

I think Labour may struggle at the next election and I would hate that smarmy git Cameron to become PM, but I think a lot of English voters will vote against Brown because he is Scottish but will also vote against Labour because of Iraq and their ties with the USA.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
26-09-2006, 12:10 PM
a scottish pm
Groucho Wrote:I dont think being Scottish should preclude Gordon Brown from becoming Prime Minister.

I think being a lying, cheating, unelected, tax raising git should do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS (although I'd still rather him than B~LIAR)

RE the Lothian stitch-up - I agree that the MP's for Scottish wards should not vote on purely English issues. It is an issue that the next government must sort out. It will have to wait until B~LIAR is gone because he couldn't turn on those that actually got him elected again (the Scottish seats tipped the balance)
26-09-2006, 02:45 PM
a scottish pm
With developents in the EU in the next couple of decades, the English and Scotish will be singing round the same camp fire when the first French person is up for the British PM job.
26-09-2006, 02:54 PM
a scottish pm
Bella Wrote:Well, we've had a Welsh PM........

:shocking: Surely not!!!!
26-09-2006, 03:04 PM
a scottish pm
Patsy Wrote::shocking: Surely not!!!!

Neil Kinnock..............he was welsh wasn't he?

26-09-2006, 03:18 PM
a scottish pm
Wasn't PM though...

David Lloyd George was a PM from Wales, if you want to go back a century or so.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
26-09-2006, 05:30 PM
a scottish pm
mikado Wrote:Wasn't PM though...

David Lloyd George was a PM from Wales, if you want to go back a century or so.

Oh neither he was!! Shows you how much I know about politics!!