Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternate way of evicting housemates
19-07-2006, 07:27 AM

In my week of mourning since Nikki was dumped.....I have come up with an alternate way of evicting housemates, hopefully guaranteeing the people who deserve to stay DO, and the deadwood GO as quickly as possible. Scrap the nominations completely...... every Tuesday open the phone lines to the general public to start voting for who they want to stay in the house for another week. On Friday night, we have the housemates gathered on the sofa...the atmosphere would be electric - think of x-factor every week as the contestants wait to see who is safe until the following week. Davina calls out each name individually and tells them if they are safe or not until the next week. When it comes down to the two housemates with the lowest votes.... they are asked to stand up in the centre of the room surrounded by their housemates. ONE BY ONE.... their housemates have to choose OUT LOUD which one they want to get rid of - and give frank reasons why they want that person to go !!!! Not only would you get rid of the dead wood, but it also provides tension and potential for bust ups... as the person who is KEPT out of the two has to live with the people who stood up and voted them out. Could cause friction and bust ups during the week to come. It also would keep ALL of them on their toes during the week, as currently the majority who are not nominated sit back and relax knowing they are safe. Its just a suggestion, but I think its one that could save this show because we as a public would also be in the dark until the last minute as to which one was going.... and it would keep it much fresher and exciting.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Sounds good to me. I think the way BB do the nominations with housemates voting others out means the annoying and bigger characters get nominated and evicted and dullards like Imogen who keep their head down stay on forever.........

The Im A Celebrity way is much better with the GBP voting for their favourites so the characters stay in and the boring ones get booted out early.

I seriously think its taken a downturn since Nikki went (Although she did deserve to go). Apart from the noms yesterday it was boring, what was the highlight with Spiral in the diary room asking BB to say "you can now leave the diary room" - what was the point of that? It wasnt at all interesting or entertaining.
Find all posts by this user
19-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I quite like that idea!!

My have 2 ideas for how the nomincations/evictions could work......
from the time a housemate is evicted on a Friday until the time on Tuesday when nominations are announced housemate should have a chance to win immunity as part of the tasks.......sometimes they get immunity, or have to select another house mate for immunity..........then on the Tuesday the housemates who haven't earned immunity are up for eviction, with some weeks all housemates being up giving the public a chance to get rid of any deadwood. Then, rather than the public voting for who they want to leave, they should vote for who they want to stay.

The other option is to leave the nominations as it is....but again have the public vote for who they want to stay rather than who they want to leave. T
Find all posts by this user
19-07-2006, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2006 06:05 PM by borneobabe.)
Minklemar Wrote:I quite like that idea!!

My have 2 ideas for how the nomincations/evictions could work......
from the time a housemate is evicted on a Friday until the time on Tuesday when nominations are announced housemate should have a chance to win immunity as part of the tasks.......

Ohhhhhhhh I like that too...... ok then... revised version.... phone lines for all housemates EXCEPT the one who has won immunity are open at the start of the week for the public to vote for who they want to keep, ( immunity won perhaps in a new LIVE SATURDAY NIGHT TASK !!!!! ) It would make a live task all the more vital and exciting for each of them and very exciting for us to watch. Bottom two still at the mercy of a name and shame situation by remaining housemates. Better still so no housemates can manipulate the situation ..... the housemates should have to write the name down FIRST... and only when all writing has stopped... they hold up their boards with the name of the person and give their reason for wanting that person out. That way, they can't change their minds... based on how the count is going.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ex Housemates voted into the House Next Door! ~ils~ 10 1,982 09-08-2006 12:47 PM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Nominations / New Housemates Minklemar 5 1,023 07-07-2006 10:38 AM
Last Post: Cockney
  Your thoughts on all the housemates now maxine 16 1,745 23-06-2006 09:52 PM
Last Post: floopy
  New Housemates Cat 25 2,247 30-05-2006 02:40 PM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR