Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody get a real crap gift??
26-12-2005, 08:18 PM

my s-i-l got me some cheap-o set of shower stuff but got hubby and the kids really nice stuff!! It went back today!! IF hubby can get in line to return it. Everyone knows I'd much rather have nothing than smelly stuff as I am allergic to most stuff!! She's only known me for 20+ years...the heifer!:shocking:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I am loathe to say this - cos it makes me sound like a really spolit brat - but Mr F bought me a pair of Jimmy Choo boots and a pair of Gucci shoes [from ebay] neither of which I like - so I have kindly asked him to re-sell them!!

But he did buy me a lovely vinegar atomiser!!!!:unsure:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2005, 09:35 PM
not spoilt flip!!! just confident in what you would prefer to have!! anyone says it's the thought that counts and I will not be responsible for my actions!!! (i'm a little cranky from being under the weather, this is my disclaimer before anyone is hurt):shocking: :wacko:

27-12-2005, 10:34 AM
My aunty made me a lace doilie (is that how you spell it :unsure: ). It went straight in the bin. I hate chintz

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
27-12-2005, 11:32 AM
I still get "smellies" which I think are a total cop out when they can't be bothered to think of something you'd really like and what makes me even madder is that it always has bath stuff in it and I haven't even got a fekkin bath Sad

Other years I have duly opened them up and put them in the bathroom cabinet til I've finally thrown them out, but this year I have shoved them in the wardrobe and I think I will recycle them next year - just have to remember who gave me which one and then swap them round :devil:
27-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I asked for socks and smellies this year as I don't tend to buy smellies for myself and I needed some new socks....I got two really small bottles of smelly stuff (one for baths...I don't have baths...I hate baths...I asked for shower smellies!...the other was a shower smelly but a tiny bottle). Mum got me a nice shower smelly...yay for mum! :laugh:

On the sock front...I have three pairs of inpractical fun socks! :wacko: I don't know why I bother!

On the naff present front...I received two from the same person.....one a strategy game for two....I have no one to play it with...well at least I know no one who would want to play that sort of game...the other is a drinking game....:shocking: I hardly drink and will have no use for this thing!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
27-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I got Twister as an extra little family pressie from my sister. I hate this stupid game and doubt that I will ever play it other than the one go I had whilst sister was spending the day with us.
27-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I think Mr. C got the crappiest present of all! It was a Toilet roll with jokes printed on it and a can of air-freshener (in a gift box!!) :wacko: That was from his bruv and s-i-law Sad
27-12-2005, 06:40 PM
[SIZE="5"]2 words for all: REGIFT OR REFUND!!!!!!:naughty: [/SIZE]

Hubby got me a refund on my crap gift and I'll not EVEN get into how (little) much it was!! That's ok...we'll see what we can come of for s-i-l next year!!!!

27-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I got a pair of leather driving gloves from my gran which I can safely say I will never wear, along with some aftershave called "Blue Stratos" which smells like it belongs with the rest of the stuff in the cupboard under the sink.
She did also give me a tenner so she was forgiven!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Real life Pet Rescue! Dolores 17 2,041 05-06-2007 05:42 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Bob Geldof A Man With Real Heart. Northern angel 3 777 20-12-2005 03:37 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  What's your real name? Dolores 82 4,419 01-03-2005 08:48 AM
Last Post: floopy